Possible rig build for gaming

Computation

I have these parts...what do you guys think?

Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARS 2TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

EVGA 012-P3-1570-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

ASUS P8P67-M PRO (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor

ASUS VH238H Black 23" Full HD HDMI LED Backlight LCD Monitor w/Speakers

The goal is to run anything @ 1920x1080. Will this do it?

Grand total: $1300

Edited by Computation

Build looks great :thumbsup: But, unless you have a major need for 2tb of space right now, I would get a 1tb 7200RPM drive at least for your OS, games, and progs to run off of! The Green WD is more for storage when you don't need as fast access times :cheers:

Yeah you really should get 120Gb SSD for OS and apps, plus maybe a few games. Plus another drive for storage and the rest of your games.

Another good option would be getting 2 1TB drives to run in Raid-0. Increase speed but not lose storage.

Otherwise the build looks good!

Why the 2600K? Do you need 4 extra threads? (I am pretty sure the K version doesn't have that virtual thingy, VTD or w/e its called anyways). Go for the 2500K instead and save yourself some money. Is micro ATX a need? if not rather go regular ATX since they usually have more power for the CPU which equals more overclocking.

For HDD, just get a 640gb WD Caviar Black, and with the money saved on the CPU you could either get a better Mobo, or get a small SSD for windows.

Will you be going SLI/Crossfire in the future ? If not, save some money and go for the AX 750, that thing is plenty, even for GTX 570 SLI. (I am pretty sure when it was tested on hardware secrets it was able to pull 1000 watts and still be around 78-79% efficency).

Build looks great :thumbsup: But, unless you have a major need for 2tb of space right now, I would get a 1tb 7200RPM drive at least for your OS, games, and progs to run off of! The Green WD is more for storage when you don't need as fast access times :cheers:

Idk about the greens but my friend build a 2500K machine and we used a LP 2TB (Seagate's green 5900rpm drive) and that thing was real quick and quiet.

WD might not be but I can definitely recommend the LP 2TB for an OS drive, I was blown away at how well it did. (I actually have one for a storage drive)

For OS drives I always recommend a 320-500GB 7200rpm drive and a storage drive. OS drives are nice to have extra space with but small ones are good too when you need to reinstall windows they're less to worry about.

I second the 2500K, the 2600K just isn't worth the ~$100 extra IMHO

Why the 2600K? Do you need 4 extra threads? (I am pretty sure the K version doesn't have that virtual thingy, VTD or w/e its called anyways). Go for the 2500K instead and save yourself some money. Is micro ATX a need? if not rather go regular ATX since they usually have more power for the CPU which equals more overclocking.

For HDD, just get a 640gb WD Caviar Black, and with the money saved on the CPU you could either get a better Mobo, or get a small SSD for windows.

Will you be going SLI/Crossfire in the future ? If not, save some money and go for the AX 750, that thing is plenty, even for GTX 570 SLI. (I am pretty sure when it was tested on hardware secrets it was able to pull 1000 watts and still be around 78-79% efficency).

Agree! 850watt is overkill if you don't do overclocking and running more than 2 video cards.. 750 or 775watt is more than enough...

Instead of single 2 TB hdd, I would like to get a dual 1TB hdd. If anything happens to your hdd, at least you will not lose all of your data.. but it uses more power. or get one SATA III hdd for OS and application and another SATA II for data files.. or SSD for OS.. SSD is very fast you know.. :)