Miek

Improving cable management?

Within the desktop PC that I built a few months ago, my cable management is bad. Like... Really really bad.

I tried tucking cables away, but most of them were really un-bendy. I currently just have a bunch of cables zip-tied to the side of my optical drive cage so they don't get caught in the side fan or anything.

I have a Cooler Master Storm Sniper case, my PSU is a Corsair 750HX modular PSU and, as I mentioned before, the cables are pretty stiff.

Another concern is the cables for my GPU. Instead of the cables connecting on the end facing the HDD cage, they plug in on the side (so the cables jut out towards my fan). Just wondering how I can get those out of the way, too.

I will try to get pictures up when I get home on Saturday.

EDIT: Here's the photo of my [horrific] "cable mismanagement".

The cables at the bottom of the image that are running out of the case are the wires for my side fan.

badcablemanagementsadfa.jpg

Edited by Miek

if some of your cables dont have slack (outstretched too far to bend), you can get an extension to lengthen a cable, at which then you will be able to tape them to the side or corners of your case.

I used to have a huge mess of cables in my old case. It didn't have the back panel that came off to run cables behind. I usually just tucked them where I could. However, I always wanted to buy some sleeving and heat shrink to clean it up a bit. I'll take a look when you get a pic up -- might have some recommendations from when I had to figure out what to do with mine!

I have the Cooler Master Storm Sniper chassis as well, I totally removed the HDD cage, the best place I have found to route your cables is through the cut-away next to the PSU, route them up and zip-tie them on the back of the motherboard tray.

I will post a picture when I get home

Shove em out the side and forget em :thumbsup:

P1000833.jpg?t=1302899940

You tell 'em IVI. My PSU has waaay tooo many cable for my case so they hang out the back.

Here's a photo. I also edited it into the first post so you don't have to scroll to see it. I was kind of impatient when I did the cables (regrettebly). I thought, "Oh, I'll just zip-tie that to there, this to that... Aw hell, it runs. Good enough." :mfp:

The cables at the bottom of the image that are running out of the case are the wires for my side fan.

badcablemanagementsadfa.jpg

Edited by Miek

I just threw up a little in my mouth sad.gif

=P

Lol, IVI, your case always brightens up my day. :cheers:

MY EYES!!! IT BURRRRNS!!!

Business on the right, party on the left ;)