Improving cable management?

Miek

i just build new PC will post some picture in day or two after i've finished setting up (had to order 8 pin extention) but it turned out lot better than my first two rig since i did some damage on first case (well lot actually) as it being my Ginnie pig.

Will I be able to unplug things like my SATA cables (power and data) for my hard drive (while the PC is off, of course), re-rout them, them plug them back in without losing data?

Will I be able to unplug things like my SATA cables (power and data) for my hard drive (while the PC is off, of course), re-rout them, them plug them back in without losing data?

yes! :cheers:

I've hit a snag- I can't find ANY of my zipties and I know for a fact that I had a TON of them left over.

Where could I get some more small ones that doesn't involve ordering online and then waiting for them to get here?

I've hit a snag- I can't find ANY of my zipties and I know for a fact that I had a TON of them left over.

Where could I get some more small ones that doesn't involve ordering online and then waiting for them to get here?

Lowes/Homedepot have them -- little pricey but you can get a ton. Also, an advance auto or car shop, sometimes they have a variety pack in their "gift" section.

Radioshack/general auto parts stores have them for cheap!

It's VERY important for good cable management to take advantage of the holes behind/beside the PSU (in the motherboard tray). Don't be afraid to bend the cables and "stuff' them into places but just don't be stupid about it. I.e. use a flathead screwdriver to mash it into places/etc.

Have a look at some of the cases I've reviewed and the way I have my cables routed:

41.jpg

49.jpg

43.jpg

The last one really shows my methods. I typically spend 30+ minutes carefully running each cable at a time. It does help TREMENDOUSLY to have a modular power supply but not 100% necessary to achieve a similar look.