GFX card upgrade

So one of my 8800gt's went pop and one just isnt cutting it so im guessing its time for an upgrade i want a nvidia card as i have a nvidia board and i may sli again in future i was looking at either

gtx 460 1gb for £130

gtx 470 1.2gb £150

gtx 550 ti 1gb for £120

or gtx 560 1gb for £180

im lookin for bang for buck here and something thats going to outperform the 2 8800gt's i had, all advice is welcome.

Edited by punkishbloke

Geez, prices are steep over there in the UK. Tough choices, but I'd rule out the GTX 550 TI.

I'd still go with the GTX 460 1GB's in SLI, but as a single solution, it's not that great. Probably the GTX 560 TI is your best bet, and if you ever do get it in SLI = win

5850 for £108 here, should beat a 460

my board doesnt support crossfire only sli so want to stick with nvidia for sli in a couple of months.

Think im going to go for the gtx 560 ti unless i can find the 470 for significantly cheaper ive ruled the other cards out.

Edited by punkishbloke

MY vote is for GTX560. They run well at stock, even better overclocked and are amazing in SLI.

A single GTX460 would be better than 2x 8800's but i dont think its a very solid single card solution.

The GTX 560 Ti would be faster than the GTX 470. Overclocked GTX 460 1GB's up to 900MHz might even do better against an overclocked GTX 470. The GTX 470's just don't overclock very well.

My roommate has an 8800GTS and I had a GT240 and we benched the exact same 3dmark06 score. I think any of those cards will be much better than the 8800, so I say go for the 560 and then get another in the future for SLi :)

The GTX 560 Ti would be faster than the GTX 470. Overclocked GTX 460 1GB's up to 900MHz might even do better against an overclocked GTX 470. The GTX 470's just don't overclock very well.

Huh, I didn't know that. I guess the high clock speeds on most 560s make up quite a bit of ground.