Crazy Idea

sully990

Hi Lads i have 3g as my isp i have a modem with a capability of reviving 7.5 Meg so i think .. i have the modem huaweui model e122 ....

is there any way i can receive signal from my isp than send it out with a lan card through cat5 cable ect or modem pcie card ? or even a wifi pcie card and set it to outgoing mode or something ?

really i want to be able to connect multi devices to it like ps3 ect or another labtop and phone ...

Am i mad or can any1 help

Ha cheers !!!!!

Sully. Welcome to OCC.

Is there a particular reason you aren't considering using a router designed exactly for that purpose?

Not sure where you live, but decent wifi routers can be had for $40 or a little more in the US.

Cheers Man !!! i Love occ its great its people like you who make it !!

Nope i have a few old routers laying around alright i could use them to re rout the signal some way ... it is a usb modem know ..

im here in ireland..

Can you tell me the name of these kind of routers ?

Sully. Welcome to OCC.

Is there a particular reason you aren't considering using a router designed exactly for that purpose?

Not sure where you live, but decent wifi routers can be had for $40 or a little more in the US.

I think the issue with using a router is the OP would need one with a USB port on it. Sounds like they are using a USB 3G modem like one you would get from Verizon, which as far as I know, may be a pain to share the connection with =/

Something like..... THIS? http://www.newegg.co...0-059-_-Product

USB router designed for 3g USB Modems... There are many different options with many different brands, the link is more to just prove that a device like it exists. You may even need to find a device that is compatible with your ISP, but to be honest, USB is USB so it should have much effect. Just need to locate a similar device in Ireland.

You could set up Windows to treat your pc as an internet gateway for internet sharing. Know for sure that would work with cat cable but never tried it with wireless before.......................

http://lifehacker.com/#!280002/turn-your-laptop-into-a-wireless-hot-spot

you just have to change the settings to share or something

hope that helps m8

I'm assuming this is a 3G USB modem that plugs into the side of the computer.

There are a few ways I can think of to solve your problem

You could setup a ad-hoc wireless network with your laptops wireless card and enable ICS or internet connection sharing and then connect your devices to the ad-hoc network and they should be able to go online

If you want a wired connection with Windows you can enable ICS on your wired NIC card and then plug one end into your laptops NIC and another into the device you want to have internet on

Edited by fire_storm