Messing with BluePanda's lightbox -

Waco

Doesn't look too bad. What kind of camera do you have? Are you using a tripod? Looks pretty good -- blacks look a little grainy but thats hard to avoid. Usually a longer exposure with a little less light seems to help there. :thumbsup:

I have a Sony a100, the Blacks are a little grainy due to not only the lighting and exposure but mainly because of how much I zoomed in on it in PS to depict what I was talking about in the review.

Waco, ccokeman probably used the Dodge tool selected on either the highlights or the midtones, depends on how steady his hand is ;)

Waco, ccokeman probably used the Dodge tool selected on either the highlights or the midtones, depends on how steady his hand is ;)

Hmm. I kinda left the background and shadows along because I didn't want the pictures to look fake (and I like the soft shadows).

If I were going to clean the background to be a perfectly flat white I'd just use the selection tool to select the contiguous white background, feather the edge (5-10 pixels), then either fill it with white or simply delete it (I usually have a white background layer).

Perhaps I'll mess with it tonight.

Also the title of the thread sounds dirty :P

I got the biggest laugh out of this. The only reason I stopped by this thread was because of the title.

Thought at first it might need to go into the "Anything Goes" part of the forum. But I was mistaken :)

whats a lightbox? don't say its a box with light in it...

:lol:

It's a box designed for taking pictures. The top and/or sides are usually cut out and in their place is some sort of filter to soften light. You put lights on each filter and it evenly lights the contents of the box without any hard shadows. It's how reviewers and websites take pictures of items.

:lol:

It's a box designed for taking pictures. The top and/or sides are usually cut out and in their place is some sort of filter to soften light. You put lights on each filter and it evenly lights the contents of the box without any hard shadows. It's how reviewers and websites take pictures of items.

oh those things! don't u just get some white matt thing and make a box with it?

oh those things! don't u just get some white matt thing and make a box with it?

You can. Even lighting is one of the most important things to avoid hard shadows though.

Hmm. I kinda left the background and shadows along because I didn't want the pictures to look fake (and I like the soft shadows).

If I were going to clean the background to be a perfectly flat white I'd just use the selection tool to select the contiguous white background, feather the edge (5-10 pixels), then either fill it with white or simply delete it (I usually have a white background layer).

Perhaps I'll mess with it tonight.

Auto Color

Brightness and Contrast tool

Then the dodge tool Range set to highlights brush size depending on the photo.