Messing with BluePanda's lightbox -

Waco

BluePanda built a lightbox this past weekend - it's not great - but it works pretty well. She took a couple pictures of the WRONG cables that I got from Ebay (they are supposed to be red and black, not blue and black) and I played with them in Photoshop to clean them up.

Here are the results:

DSCF3608.JPG

DSCF3609.JPG

DSCF3613.JPG

DSCF3616.JPG

DSCF3617.JPG

DSCF3620.JPG

What do you think? Any criticism is welcome, I am a relative Photoshop n00b (I've been using it for a while but I'm no master). :cheers:

And yes, there is a light amount of blurring, the camera wouldn't focus on the front of the cable for every shot. Deal with it. :P

lol. Well, I'm still working on the light box but for a cheap start I can't complain too much about the resulting pictures. My next step is going to be getting some more lighting... and finding away to keep my stupid cat out of the box lol. Anyone with a homemade light box have any major tips? I'm more than willing to listen! :thumbsup:

I'm more interested in seeing pics of BluePanda's light box. Mine is a PVC frame with a cheap bed sheet draped over it.

I'll see if I can get you a pic up later. lol. Mine is a cheap cardboard box with a single hole cut in it at the moment and a t-shirt ripped in half to spread the light. A piece of white poster board sits in the bottom/up against the back. lols. :lol:

What cables are those on ebay?

Also the title of the thread sounds dirty :P

I can see the maturity level on here is high tonight. :P

The cables are from ModPCUK on ebay -- but do remember they did send the wrong thing. Just so happens I'll probably take them since I've got the blue case already. lol. :whistling:

I can see the maturity level on here is high tonight. :P

The cables are from ModPCUK on ebay -- but do remember they did send the wrong thing. Just so happens I'll probably take them since I've got the blue case already. lol. :whistling:

I'm 24, male, a nerd, and a professional DJ..My maturity is that of a 10 year old.

haha beats my lightbox...well what I use to take my review pictures on...I simply use my external flash and a piece of white posterboard :D

Doesn't look too bad. What kind of camera do you have? Are you using a tripod? Looks pretty good -- blacks look a little grainy but thats hard to avoid. Usually a longer exposure with a little less light seems to help there. :thumbsup:

Camera has a lot to do with it but a point and shoot can work with some patience.

Hows this for a little cleanup. Like the braided cables!

What did you do? Select the whole background and fill it with white? I left it so it didn't look too blown out. Didn't really mess with it much.