Rubiks Cube

BluePanda

How Many OCC members have the skill?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Can You Solve a Rubik

• HELLZ YEA
    • NOPE -- I CAN NOT
    • WHAT IS A RUBIK

Sitting here looking at the one on my desk I was just wondering how many of my Geek friends here can also solve a rubiks cube. I know I can! :D If you do 3x3 or 4x4 or what not post that too! :cheers:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best I've ever gotten was 3-4 out of 6 sides. There are algorithms for it thou, if you don't want to randomly guess like I do :D.

Yea... I had a friend I met at Science Camp (yes Nerd Alert) and he could solve it in no time without thinking about it or even looking at it. It was much impressive. I learned the first two layers on my own and I have algorithms memorized for solving the top layer -- so I don't know that I'm 100% genuine for solving. :)

I can solve 2 sides. Does that count? :lol:

lol. At least thats a start. The trick really is to do it by layers. Starting with one face and trying to get all the edges to match -- then you do the middle layer which is hard to explain how I came up with that one, and then basically the third layer is your hell layer. lol. But mad props for getting sides! I count that as a partial!

i'v only ever solved it once. but what gets most people is the 2 easiest ways really no sides will look complete until the last few moves. so if you have 1 side done or 2 your gonna have to start over.

easy method is making the 4 corners and starting bottom up. second is making a cross on each side and doing the same (making the cross is harder for me because out of the 64 basic algorithms it takes to solve any cube i general cant think past 3-4 moves.

LoL, I had a buddy that could do it real quick and like to be a pain about it so, one time when he handed it to me to scramble up I took one of the corners and spun it around before scrambling it. What a glorious thing to watch him trying to solve that.

I can only do it with with a screw driver.

I have a friend that can easily do 3x3 cubes along with 4x4, 5x5 and he has a 7x7 that takes him a couple days. That jerk.