2K Games Sales and Sweepstakes

Deathmineral

this doesn't really pertain to the 2K sales but I just saw that rockstar is doing the same thing, with the sales and a sweepstakes thingy. I was just wondering, does anyone else here feel like steam is turning into a facebook now? Making us join steam groups to win the prizes, it's like the the "like" feature on facebook now, feels really silly to me.

you can unjoin groups after the contest....

I wish there was a page to view about the current deal, is it still borderlands??

No, today's deal is rockstar's Max Payne Bundle and Bully. You can view the current deals on the main store page in steam by the way, or even scroll down a bit and there is a small box on the right that says Specials, it'll take you to a page with all the specials currently going on.

you can unjoin groups after the contest....

I know I just wish I didn't have to join them at all, it annoys me. It's not a big deal or anything, just reminded me of facebook, which I hate.

Rockstar and 2K are linked so I don't see what the problem is. Join the group, enter the contest, get a 1 in 60390923 chance of winning, unjoin after the contest ends like bilcliff said. :P Steam isn't forcing you to do anything, its your choice to join the group to be entered into the contest. Steam isn't holding a gun to your head. Don't like the idea of joining a group to win something, then simply don't join the group.

Rockstar and 2K are linked so I don't see what the problem is. Join the group, enter the contest, get a 1 in 60390923 chance of winning, unjoin after the contest ends like bilcliff said. :P Steam isn't forcing you to do anything, its your choice to join the group to be entered into the contest. Steam isn't holding a gun to your head. Don't like the idea of joining a group to win something, then simply don't join the group.

That's a rather big exaggeration of what I said isn't it? :lol:

All I really said is that it reminds me of facebook, it's not that big of a deal, I was just curious if anyone else was reminded of facebook by it. I'm not accusing the game developers of holding a gun to my head or anything like that. :unsure::cry::sleep:

:lol: I know death, I'm just messing with you man. I do agree with you though, it is a bit weird that to be entered into the contest you have to join their group and also own the games on sale for that day. Seems kind of weird, only reason I'm down with it is because I own a decent amount of 2K and Rockstar games.

:lol: I know death, I'm just messing with you man. I do agree with you though, it is a bit weird that to be entered into the contest you have to join their group and also own the games on sale for that day. Seems kind of weird, only reason I'm down with it is because I own a decent amount of 2K and Rockstar games.

i think its a bit dodgy / bugged. because i have borderlands and all DLC but because i didnt purchase it as the GOTY or the DLC pack i wasn't registered for yesterday's final giveaway