GUIDE - MDPC-X SLeeving of individual Cables! by Kamaster

Very nice and thorough, good job. :)

As you and Paul suggested, crimping and soldering might be a nice touch. It'd mean the crimps would be almost guaranteed not to wiggle loose, even if you gave them a good tug.

Any crimping tools I have used generally do a pretty good job of getting things very snug though, so it's more of an extra step. I think it would add hardly any time to the process (you don't have to be able to solder well to get it neat either).

The problem is if you do solder and you put even slightly too much, it will be hard to put the wire into the connector as it will be too big to fit in. The heatshrink allows for a very tight fit and i like how the pins in the connectors dont move. The best application i could think of is for MOLEX connectors, some of those pins are sooo loose, it makes me nervous.

Maybe i will try tinning a wire and showing some pics, see what you guys think

Where was this tutorial 15 years ago when l did this to my first modded computer. took me about a week and 1 blown hard drive as l had the +12v and +5v backwards.

Very nicely done :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I need to make a P4 motherboard cable/4 pin female each end. Not a molex. I have a Ultra X3 power supply and lost that cable. Where can I get the plug ends? I suppose the making of the cable is the same as the one posted? Correct? Thanks for the detailed posting.

I need to make a P4 motherboard cable/4 pin female each end. Not a molex. I have a Ultra X3 power supply and lost that cable. Where can I get the plug ends? I suppose the making of the cable is the same as the one posted? Correct? Thanks for the detailed posting.

I believe you are looking for these

• 2 weeks later...

Finally UPDATE :)

Powder coated 90% of the parts black

Put the carbon fiber on the middle part, (rear io panel needs some cf love soon)

put a quick mock up to give you guys a quick idea

excuse the wiring, lol especially the pci-e cable lol that was part of my first attemp at wiring. Im not liking the colour scheme of the 24pin, i might change it up a little.

enjoy the pics

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0195.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

IMAG0168.jpg

IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0204.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

OMG

I just received the Crimping tool from MDPC-X.com and WOOOOOOWWWWWWW

the crimping tool is AMAZING!!! screw the crappy ones you buy from the USA, if you are in need of a crimper, BUY IT FROM MDPC-X.com

Nils even put 3 test pieces in there to prove it works, and i just tried it out im in shock!!!!!

going to finish my badass wiring tonight :)