GUIDE - MDPC-X SLeeving of individual Cables! by Kamaster

very nice guide, great job on the heatsinks being nice and even. But i dont understand why you went as far as cutting and reapplying connector pins.

nvm it looks like these were made from scratch o.O

Very nice work with the guide!! :cheers:

I'd like to see it extended to include Molex and SATA Power cables though.

The Molex in particular is very difficult as it involves crimping two wires together. I could never get that part to work nicely when I had my first go at sleeving.

Very nice work with the guide!! :cheers:

I'd like to see it extended to include Molex and SATA Power cables though.

The Molex in particular is very difficult as it involves crimping two wires together. I could never get that part to work nicely when I had my first go at sleeving.

Thats a great idea! I will definately update it and include molex connectors, maybe sata cables, usb cables and 3 or 4 pin fan headers.

I agree with having to crimp two wires would be a pain. The wires that im using has a thicker pvc layer than your typical power supply wires, it almost seems as if its 16 ga and not 18ga. I will have to find some of the thinner walled stuff and attempt the molex, maybe even use 20ga wire as HD's dont use much power.

With regards to sata power cables, there are alot of passthrough connectors avail which will make it easier :)

Thanks all for all the kind comments

More to come :)

Just need to finish exams this week :) and youll see a wave of updates

Nice guide and very tidy!

The crimping tool isn't cheap and I've replaced my fair share of connectors but I find a soldering iron and a pair of small snipe nose pliers is a great alternative to crimping.

Nice guide and very tidy!

The crimping tool isn't cheap and I've replaced my fair share of connectors but I find a soldering iron and a pair of small snipe nose pliers is a great alternative to crimping.

Ya that would be good, but i suck at soldering :( My crimping tool is doing a decent job, although i think i may buy another one from mcpx because he gaurantees that they crimp perfectly.

You could always use a combo of crimping and soldering, when i first started messing with wiring, i tinned the wire first than crimped it, but that was kinda pointless.

cheers

Very nice and thorough, good job. :)

As you and Paul suggested, crimping and soldering might be a nice touch. It'd mean the crimps would be almost guaranteed not to wiggle loose, even if you gave them a good tug.

Any crimping tools I have used generally do a pretty good job of getting things very snug though, so it's more of an extra step. I think it would add hardly any time to the process (you don't have to be able to solder well to get it neat either).

Edited by jammin