Revised New Build

nube

Ok I've revised my build a bit, here is where I am at,

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula - AM3 - AMD 890FX - DDR3 - Republic of Gamers - ATX Motherboard - 229.00

AMD Phenom II X6 Six-Core Processor 1090T (3.2GHz) AM3, HDT90ZFBGRBOX (Black Edition) - 199.00

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler, RR-B10-212P-G1 - 21.49

G.skill Ripjaws X Series 16gb (4 X 4gb) 240-pin Ddr3 Sdram Ddr3 1600 (Pc3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800cl9q-16gbxl - 175.00

Intel 120 GB 2.5-Inch Solid-State Drive 510 Series SATA Version 3 at 6 GB per Second SSDSC2MH120A2K5 (for OS and Cad programs only) - 284.99

WESTERN DIGITAL 600GB VELOCIRAPTOR 3.5INCH 10000RPM 32MB CACHE SATA6.0GB S BARE WD6000HLHX (for everything else) - 249.99

Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive IHAS424-98 - Retail (Black) - 24.99

ATI FirePro V4800 1 GB DVI/2DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card 100-505606 - Retail - 159.99

New CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold Power Supply RS800-80GAD3-US 800W Modular 80 PLUS GOLD High Quality - 184.99

Cooler Master SGC-2000-KKN1-GP Storm Scout ATX/MATX/ITX Mid Tower Case (Black) - 79.99

Grand total offfffffffff drum rollllll ........1611.41..... :whoa: good gawd lol.

I figured on the republic of gamers mobo because of the built in sound card and sata 6 capability for the intel ssd and wd velociraptor.

What do you guys think? All this was pulled off of Amazon by the way. Everywhere else I checked seemed to be the same or very very very close.

Why the FirePro card? If its for gaming you would be better off with a card more like a 6850, which is about $30 more but much more powerful, and its the newest series

Actually it will be more based for Cad Software, but still trying to keep the pc versatile as it will be my main home pc. So workstation/ home entertainment. Unless there is a better card for this circumstance?

What's up with the 600GB Veloci :huh:

is all this purchased?

No I haven't bought anything as of yet. The velociraptor is just for storage I have about 200gb on my current pc so that sad alone wont be enough.

No I haven't bought anything as of yet. The velociraptor is just for storage I have about 200gb on my current pc so that sad alone wont be enough.

why not get the Seagate LP 2TB, it's plenty fast and you wont see that money justified for a storage drive.

naturally I'd get a cheaper motherboard too but if you really want the sound card that's on you cuz :P

why not get the Seagate LP 2TB, it's plenty fast and you wont see that money justified for a storage drive.

naturally I'd get a cheaper motherboard too but if you really want the sound card that's on you cuz :P

Well I do want the sound card but is there a better option of doing a difference mobo and seperate sound card? Better card for the money? Also I was doing that board because of the sata 6

Well I do want the sound card but is there a better option of doing a difference mobo and seperate sound card? Better card for the money? Also I was doing that board because of the sata 6

You're askin the wrong fella, I'm not up on sound cards. I'm plenty content with whatever onboard sound chip I end up with, they all have been plenty good for me :thumbsup: .

I thought all 890FX's have Sata 3?? (which really only matters with SSDs anyway, mechanical drives haven't even broken the Sata 2 speed cap)

am3 is a dead end.... i wdnt "upgrade " to that. stick to 1155 or wait for the new AMD stuff. ( or better yet, go cheap now and wait for the next gen consoles to arrive and then build yr newpc to whatever new crappy standard - OMG dx18!)