Boy, 10, buys The Fridge’s Super Bowl ring, then returns it

the_dude

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a tip, don't give 10 year olds access to their bank accounts :D

I had $4000 in my savings, then stuff happened. I had $300 in my savings when college started :D

Let's just say if it wasn't for Florida's Bright Future Scholarship, I don't know what I would be doing.

Edited by Krazyxazn

What is wrong with the mother? Helping her son spend 8500 of his college account on a stupid ring and tickets to take the ring back to The Fridge? This kid is doomed from the start. I wish I would have had a college fund that large. I only had the lame $2000 dollars I earned working at a grocery store. :P

I'm not sure what to think about that, seems to me that it's both a foolish thing to have done but also a good lesson in generosity and goodwill, which is something many people nowadays lack.

It kind of seems the kid has been raised right, sort of.... Just hasn't learned much about money management.

Edited by the_dude

The problem: a ring shouldn't cost $8,500 let along $27,000 ever....it's a ring...

The acceptable part: The kid's great heart and putting kindness over greed. :thumbsup:

That's not greed, that's BUSINESS! :thumbsup:

Edited by l33t p1mp

The problem: a ring shouldn't cost $8,500 let along $27,000 ever....it's a ring...

The acceptable part: The kid's great heart and putting kindness over greed. :thumbsup:

They shouldn't cost that kind of money but they do.

I have a cousin who is getting a $5,000 wedding band, and that's money neither she or he has really. :lol:

Why didn't any of the other players or coaches from his teams buy it for him? Why let a little kid waste his college money to give back a memento? Seems like the "Fridge" should have sold it and given that money to the kid as a way of saying thank you for your kindness, not the other way around.

Why didn't any of the other players or coaches from his teams buy it for him? Why let a little kid waste his college money to give back a memento? Seems like the "Fridge" should have sold it and given that money to the kid as a way of saying thank you for your kindness, not the other way around.

Ya that would have been awesome, that way kid is still a hero, and still has a good start on his college savings

You were 20 grand in debt at 18? :P I think you need the ~ symbol, not the - one. :lol::P

I had to get loans for college. I already had over a year's worth of transferable credit from two years of Running Start since I was 16. At any rate, after a full year of college, I decided to join the Navy, instead, lol.