Sign in to follow this  
seriousHUSTLE

water cooling 6990's

Hey guys ive rencently put together a new rig, i have two 6990's in crossfire and the fans are waaay to loud, im looking into water cooling them however ive never really had anything to do with water cooling so i need some help. Thanks.

*Off topic* What cpu are you using to feed those monsters ? My buddy has 2x6990's and his 4.9Ghz i7 2600k keeps bottlenecking them

*Off topic* What cpu are you using to feed those monsters ? My buddy has 2x6990's and his 4.9Ghz i7 2600k keeps bottlenecking them

Wow, really? You wouldn't think a CPU like that would be bottlenecked, especially at that frequency.

i got a 2600k running at 4.5ghz, using the V8 cooler, not even getting close to 70c under load.. dont wanna push it but, no point. just need some advice on watering cooling

what case do you have? with two cards that pull 250watts your gonna need a very big rad. maybe 460 (4x120)?

Edited by hornybluecow

Is that true? i7 2600k is very fast.... 4.9GHz keep bottlenecking 2x6990? by the way, how did you know if it is a bottleneck?

I doubt it's a cpu bottleneck, but more a quadfire inefficiency.

Not enough PCIe bandwidth most likely

I have two 6990 cards sitting here waiting to go in my 990X rig. I'm looking to replace my HAF 932 the system currently calls home for something larger that can house enough H2O gear to make me and my components happy. I've ordered two EK FC blocks for the cards and the rest of the system will be built around two separate loops.

Loop 1: (CPU / Mobo)

- RX360 Radiator

- 35x Pump

- EK Supreme HF

- EK Mobo Block

- 1/2" ID Tubing / Compression Fittings

Loop 2: (GPU Only)

- RX360 Radiator

- 35x Pump

- EK FC 6990 Blocks

I'm pretty sure with the proper fan setup the RX360 will keep up with the 6990s. The biggest thing is maintaining proper airflow inside the case with all of the radiator surface area.

I have two 6990 cards sitting here waiting to go in my 990X rig. I'm looking to replace my HAF 932 the system currently calls home for something larger that can house enough H2O gear to make me and my components happy. I've ordered two EK FC blocks for the cards and the rest of the system will be built around two separate loops.

Loop 1: (CPU / Mobo)

- RX360 Radiator

- 35x Pump

- EK Supreme HF

- EK Mobo Block

Loop 2: (GPU Only)

- RX360 Radiator

- 35x Pump

- EK FC 6990 Blocks

I'm pretty sure with the proper fan setup the RX360 will keep up with the 6990s. The biggest thing is maintaining proper airflow inside the case with all of the radiator surface area.

Your going to want something like this: http://www.dangerden.com/store/dd-double-wide-tower-21-black-series-edition.html