Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

I'm Baaaack!

I used to be quite active on the folding team and even was #3 behind Bosco and RoadRunner for a while. But my folding farm was getting a little long in the tooth and getting too expensive to run so I shut things down.

I've got this HD 5870 that needs a little work to do so I thought I'd let it fold for a while to see what it could do. Unfortunately, after installing the GPU 6.23 client and getting it configured, I'm getting

[01:15:42] Initial: 0000; + No appropriate work server was available; will try again in a bit.

[01:15:42] + Couldn't get work instructions.

This has bee going on for the last 24hrs and I've reset the client a couple of times but still no luck in getting any work units. I've posted over on the [email protected] forum to see if I can get help, but I also thought one of you guys might have seen this before and could offer help.

Thanks!

NM - I got a reply over at the [email protected] forum and I dumped V6 and went to the V7 open beta and it seems to be working now - getting about 2 min per frame on a project 5738 WU, so I guess I am back after all!

Edited by Nemo

Just submitted my first work unit in a long while! Yeah - I'm officially back!

one i get my sandy bridge up and runnin i will have to see what my gtx 570 hds can do for me plus the proc and maybe even my gtx 275 with my e6850 cpu i am currenlty running since that rig is going to keep living as either my brothers or his sons computer :P

Hmm, if thats the case I need to see what an I7 920 will do under cpu folder.

Maybe one day I will catch at least bishop but I have my doubts. :P

Hmm, if thats the case I need to see what an I7 920 will do under cpu folder.

Why not... if my 3700+ & CeleronD can do a WU per day then the i7 should have a field day :thumbsup:

Taz! I need to ship you all my Socket A folders that are gathering dust in the corner!

bout time our retro champs chimes in again :D i wish i still had my folding farm put together then i would slip it into an empty office at work and let it go hehe

Taz! I need to ship you all my Socket A folders that are gathering dust in the corner!

That's a very generous offer... thanks, however I've moved on from s462 for greener pastures (I think I've still got 2 Epox s462 boxes somewhere), after trying out "the darkside" I'm now conmtemplating a 980a SLi based system before nVidia mainboard supplies are completely exhausted :D

bout time our retro champs chimes in again :Di wish i still had my folding farm put together then i would slip it into an empty office at work and let it go hehe

foldingfarm.jpg

I still do, besides the couple of s462's there's a P4 & Celeron amongst that lot, FWIW that posthole auger is too low tech to run [email protected] ROTFLMAO :lol:

:foldon: Welcome back! OCC will be dropping down the table over the next few months so every little counts. ;)

foldon.gif Welcome back! OCC will be dropping down the table over the next few months so every little counts. wink.gif

yeah it doesnt look good, whats the highest anyone has seen our team i think the highest ive seen it is 50, i added another rig to help boost some points, its not much but hey im trying, lol