Antec DF-85 washable fan filters

So I bought an Antec DF-85 and I noticed there were washable fan filters on the front fans, which I haven't seen before (well okay I've had my other case for 6 years lol)

So how often should I "wash" the fan filters, and is there a special way to do it, or should I just rub it under water?

Cheers Brutality

PS. AWESOME CASE :P

I take mine out ever month or 2, and just blow on them. Thats all it takes to get the dust off of them. Ive owned the case for almost a year now and never needed to actually wash the filters. I probably wouldnt need to clean them every month or 2, but they are so easy to just slide out i just sorta clean em when im bored.

I take mine out ever month or 2, and just blow on them. Thats all it takes to get the dust off of them. Ive owned the case for almost a year now and never needed to actually wash the filters. I probably wouldnt need to clean them every month or 2, but they are so easy to just slide out i just sorta clean em when im bored.

I bought a hand-held air compressor for this purpose :biggrin:

The frequency you need to clean the filters varies from home to home based on the environment. My best friend has to clean filters every two weeks but then again his mancave is right above his workshop, tons of wood working. I clean mine once a month, lots of dogs. My brother cleans his about every 6 to 8 weeks as he has no pets and the computer is in a room with little activity other than computer use.

The advice I give people is start with once a month. Pull it out and check. If it looks like it could go longer then clean it and next time go 2 months. Keep this up until you find the right time frame for best results.

• 4 weeks later...

The filters appear to be doing thier job. It is said that filters which have a little dusty like these will work better. Is there a film of dust, or they dark grey, or dust in the case (clean them now) or are they just light grey (clean latter).