CM 690 II Advanced Mod

Here is my latest full mod. I just "finished" it up last night and still a few minor things to tidy up and work, but it's 95% there. I'm still waiting on my sleeving to arrive from MDPC-X and a few other items. I'm very happy with how it turned out and the color scheme. I've never built a blue/black/white themed case but I don't think this will be my last.

Enough with the talking though, here's the pics. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

5593622308_8af5777436_z.jpg

5593622714_455c291836_z.jpg

5593032389_817ccd8ece_z.jpg

5593623582_f1d047b819_z.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about going with the Corsair kit, but ADATA gave me this great all black Gamer Series kit and I just couldn't pass it up. I run Dominator and Dominator GTs in my high end rigs so I guess it was time to try something new anyway.

Thanks

Edit: Meant to add a spec list in case anyone was interesed

Motherboard: MSI 880GMA-E55 (890FXA-GD65 on order)

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640 (1090T on order)

Memory: 4GB ADATA Gamer DDR3 1600

HDD: Western Digital 500GB Black

PSU: Corsair HX650 (on order)

XSPC RS240 Radiator

EK Supreme LT CPU Water Block

XSPC H2O 750 Pump / Res Combo

1/2" ID Primochill UV Tubing

Matte Black Bitspower Compression Fittings

Edited by Nuclear

The GPU will definitely be upgraded along with the other components, I just forgot to list it out. I'm thinking about either a single GTX 580 or a 6970. I have too many crossfire and SLI rigs now that don't get properly used, so probably just one single card this time around.

nice, I have been looking at those sleeved cables all day for my cm690 case to get a cleaner look as well as debating on picking up that exact watercooling set up. Glad to see it looks so good in that case. NIce job man.

So is the 24 pin atx connector sleeved by you or did you buy one of those extender attachments? Looks great!! Much like the blue... go figure right?

The 24 pin cable shown in the pics above is a Mod/Right 24 pin extension that I had laying around. I ordered a Corsair HX650 from NE for this build, but the one I received was DOA so I waiting on another to arrive now. That's why I'm using that old Thermaltake PSU and the extension...it's my spare that I go to when I'm in a pinch. Once the new PSU arrives I'll sleeving it in a mixture of white, blue, and black sleeving from Nils at MDPC-X.

Thanks for the replies guys! As soon as the HTPC setup and other 640 I have for sale finds a home, I'll be upgrading a few other items and calling this one complete. The wife set a limit on the number of PCs I can have and I can't build another or buy parts until I sell one of the old ones. It's kind of like a 1:1 swap and it sucks!