How to package a hardrive 'by Dell'

Andrewr05

I bought a 2TB hardrive from Dell.

I saw that the box was dented and I was not happy, I then pick the box up and notice that it is incredibly loose (the item inside was not held in place) I then open the box to discover that absolutely no packing material was used to secure my harddrive!

An email has been sent to Dell and I'll figure it out from there.

I have not tried to use the harddrive yet, I want to see what Dell has to say.

Pictures:

87703412.th.jpg16677536.th.jpg

54345573.th.jpg21165889.th.jpg

Looks like the delivery guys decided to use the box for a game of baseball. :lol:

Glad to hear the drive still works though.

My steam drive is disconnected so I can't talk to you on there btw. :P

I know I'm copying a huge chunk of miscellaneous files but I expected it to be quite a bit faster than 50MB/s.

!!!

do you rarely order items online? that is quite normal to have dented boxes

I took a tour of the UPS facility just last month this is exactly what they did and is the industry standard

there are no crates, no nets, no bins, everything is just stacked inside the truck

a little conveyer belt drops packages inside the truck and a dude stacks them up like tetris, try to put the heavy ones on bottom

the little box your hard drive in has packaging the manufacturer deems safe for shipping and from your pic was in perfect condition

the shipping box, well that is why they have crush rating and Dell shouldnt put little things in such big boxes

Well then connect your Xfire/Raptr drive. :lol:

It is I think.

do you rarely order items online?
The entirety of my computer was ordered online.

Dell shouldnt put little things in such big boxes.

That is my point, the hardrive box was allowed to slide left, right, back, front and bounce up and down from Tennessee all the way to Vermont.

I do not find that to be acceptable even if the product is in completely functioning order.

Okay, it appears to be working as I am now copying files.

50MB/second seems awfully slow though, it say it is going to take 4 hours to more 500GB.

:O

50 MB/s seems pretty normal for misc files. :cheers: