best stress test tools?

wow that explains a lot, gonna set it to 100% and see how much more I can get out of it now

@dan- If you're referring to the whole afterburner thing making it crash I'm not really sure, that's the main game I play right now so I never really got around to testing any others but upon uninstalling afterburner everything was just fine

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow that explains a lot, gonna set it to 100% and see how much more I can get out of it now

@dan- If you're referring to the whole afterburner thing making it crash I'm not really sure, that's the main game I play right now so I never really got around to testing any others but upon uninstalling afterburner everything was just fine

was it the newest version (2.1.0) ?

yea it was 2.1.0

I'm have problems with the load line thing, at 100% with my voltage at 1.45 i'm getting major instability with the exact same setting that had it rock solid at 3.8Ghz and increasing the voltage doesn't seem to help much

well see the thing is whatever CPU voltage I set in the bios, I'm getting readings of ~0.1 less in CPU-Z and AIDA64 (formerly Everest), for example I currently have LLC set to 100% and CPU voltage set to 1.6v and while running a stress test AIDA64 is reporting a maximum voltage of 1.488 and an average of 1.433, I can also confirm this by manually checking CPU-Z while everything is going on as well, so my question is, is it that my MB is supplying less than my chosen voltage or is there like a faulty sensor? because in the case of my MB supplying less voltage than chosen couldn't I just increase the voltage setting in the bios above normal to compensate?

just vdroop, nothing is wrong with your motherboard. odd that vdroop is still so high with LLC on but I wouldn't worry about it.

Yes to set higher you'd have to set higher

You know, some MoBo's have pretty crappy LLC. I have a MSI board in my brothers computer, socket 1156 GD-65. And there is almost no vdroop with LLC off, and with LLC on, it has about .125 vdroop... Lol So maybe try with LLC completely off and try?