Shift 2

zackhaf

Does anyone have this game for PC and play with an xbox controller? ive had some problems with the steering input, being non responsive, and then putting me right into a wall when it kicks in. theres a few settings but i cant seem to get it right. any help would be appreciated.

It does looks like a promising game once i get the steering figured out.

Does anyone have this game for PC and play with an xbox controller? ive had some problems with the steering input, being non responsive, and then putting me right into a wall when it kicks in. theres a few settings but i cant seem to get it right. any help would be appreciated.

It does looks like a promising game once i get the steering figured out.

Best advice ever: go back to Shift 1.

I don't play with a controller but it's possible that either you need to tweak the controller settings even more, or the controller isn't any good for the game or the PC (being a Xbox controller and all). It could also be a problem with the game since there's everything else wrong with it. See if it runs fine with the keyboard (just in case).

Only good thing in Shift 2 is the Helmet Cam and the driver turning his head towards the corners when turning which is very helpful.

If a major patch doesn't come out till next week, I'm uninstalling this unfinished game.

Edited by sack_patrol

I dont think its too bad. the best advice I can give you is to turn down the searing sensitivity, and increase speed sensitivity (I'm using a wheel though, and at default I find it really hard to stay in a str8 line)

is it like not doing anything, then kicking in and taking you into a wall? if so, try a different input option, like keyboard, wheel or joystick to rule out the possibility of the controller not working right

@sack partrol shift 1 had serious sensitivity problems too, it just takes a while to figure out the proper settings for your control device

How is an official microsoft USB controller not good for the game or pc?

i dont think a keyboard is useful to play a racing game, as you either are full left, none, or full right. i like to be able to adjust the steering and not have to repeatedly press a button.

and the game is very good so far, i dont see whats wrong with it

I play this game with the xbox controller and it works great for me. I have an Afterglow xbox controller that the usb adapter for it gives me trouble some times with certain games so if you have an extra one that might fix it. Loving this game so far though, only problem I have is getting sli to work but FPS still haven't been a problem.

I dont think its too bad. the best advice I can give you is to turn down the searing sensitivity, and increase speed sensitivity (I'm using a wheel though, and at default I find it really hard to stay in a str8 line)

is it like not doing anything, then kicking in and taking you into a wall? if so, try a different input option, like keyboard, wheel or joystick to rule out the possibility of the controller not working right

@sack partrol shift 1 had serious sensitivity problems too, it just takes a while to figure out the proper settings for your control device

it's probably a controller thing then since I've had no sensitivity problems. I was playing on the full simulation settings and obviously it was kind of bad since a keyboard is often not how a car is driven in real life, but it was as working properly and the reason for the bad handling wasn't sensitivity or responsiveness.

How is an official microsoft USB controller not good for the game or pc?

i dont think a keyboard is useful to play a racing game, as you either are full left, none, or full right. i like to be able to adjust the steering and not have to repeatedly press a button.

and the game is very good so far, i dont see whats wrong with it

maybe there is a driver issue, or that particular controller is having a problem. a different input device would serve as a control test so we could rule that out as a posibility

I got on pc and play on keyboard and mouse and I think its great . I like how they give you a tutorial with a real person , it really adds to the experience .

The upgrade options seem way more vast and the amount of cars have been increased greatly

I do play it keyboard..

Is pretty hard.

I'm stucked on a race on level 2. I cant even be position 4 for the end of the race. I was 2nd the best but I make mistakes and i went 5th... =/

• 2 weeks later...

Hey... where are stored the pictures taken in game? (not with Print Screen but game funcions as "take picture")

nvm u need to be registered online @ autolog to use that functionality.

Edited by loco_frags