watercooling with peltiers

ok so most of you guys have seen my computer with the watercooling setup. to go a little more extreme im working on a copper block and mounting 158w pelters to it.

so i bought a .5"x 4"x 12" peice of copper and 4 158watt pelteirs today im going to top off the block with .25" thick plexiglass

so my thought is to cut a peice 4" wide by 6" long and seperate it into to chambers

everything red will be left alone the rest will be milled out with an inlet and outlet on both ends

97a65d10.jpg

one side i will run for my cpu and motherboard water block the other side will be for my 2 580's

on the back of this block i will mount the four peltiers and then make a second block to pull the heat off the peltiers

so it will go.... .25"pg .5"block pelteir .5" block .25"pg

do you think that 2 158watt pelts per channle will cool the water fast enough going through the block?

my thought is to use the peltier block to cool the water insead of rads to cut down on fans and noise ill still have to use a small rad to cool the heat side waterblock but i wont be anything like i have now

Those Pelters are likely gonna kill you on heat. They generate a ton. I think the Pelter system would work but I would do it so it is external, keep the heat out of the case.

the water block that is going to cool the peltiers is going to go to a radiator that will be vented out of my case

so there will be a block that is cooled by the peltiers and a block that cools the peltiers

so there will be a block that is cooled by the peltiers and a block that cools the peltiers

I hope you realize that dissipating 600 watts of heat from those peltiers won't be easy...also - 300 watts of pelt won't cool dual 580s. They generate more heat than that.

How will you power them? How will you ensure you don't get condensation everywhere at idle with a chilled loop?

Peltiers are more efficient at direct cooling rather than trying to cool the water down... You'd have better luck making a block with bigger pelts possibly two side by side :evilgrin: I've seen water chillers using refrigeration be pretty successful though.

I've always been a fan of pelts, but you gotta use em' proper or they are inefficient as heck. They are always more efficient when not run at 100% capacity.

Another thing, if I understand the picture completely, is that if you only had one input and output, the first pelt and second pelt temps and loads would vary. Why not run dual input or outputs on the ends and one in the center :dunno: just a thought.

this will show a little more of what i was thingking

97a65d10-1.jpg

the top will be the inlets and the bottom will be the outlets one side i want to cool the cpu and mb waterblocks and the other side the gpus to power them i have a spare 850watt psu that i will use for them. to cool the hot side i thought of using my Black Ice GTX480

radiator that i have cooling my 580's now, right now at full overclock it keeps them in the mid 40s. if im not getting the temps i like i can always upgrade to bigger ones, i figured these would be a nice kickoff point

i'm having a hard time understanding what it is you're trying to do. the best way to use pelts is for direct cooling. tryin to water chill with pelts is a bad idea. you have to keep the pelt from melting.