Bitspower Waterblocks

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't push air very well through restrictive radiators. Going with quiet fans on a high density (20 fins per inch in your case) might not be the best idea for cooling.

They don't push air very well through restrictive radiators. Going with quiet fans on a high density (20 fins per inch in your case) might not be the best idea for cooling.

What fans will work with these rads then?

Is 90cfm not enough?

I know it is also about static pressure but what quiet(ish) fans will be ok, or what rad should i use?

Ok, im open to any fan and rad ideas except for a few things,

1 has to be 120.4 rads (no problems with fat or huge rads as i am modding my case around the rads)

2 has to be quiet fans

3 cant be expensive fans (up to $15 each is fine)

Ok, im open to any fan and rad ideas except for a few things,

1 has to be 120.4 rads (no problems with fat or huge rads as i am modding my case around the rads)

2 has to be quiet fans (no more than 25-30db)

3 cant be expensive fans (up to $15 each is fine)

http://www.petrastechshop.com/12yalod1redl.html

Out of stock at the moment but if you shoot Petra an email he could tell you when they are due in.

And you clam these slower (1250vs2000 rpm), lower cfm (38vs90 cfm), lower pressure (1.1vs3.04 mmH20) and louder (25vs19db) fans will work better for my rad?

Edited by Muchoman1

And you clam these slower (1250vs2000 rpm), lower cfm (38vs90 cfm), lower pressure (1.1vs3.04 mmH20) and louder (25vs19db) fans will work better for my rad?

I own the Yate Loons (well, not the red LED version, but the regular of the Yate Loon low speeds) and a couple of the CM R4s. I junked the R4s for use with anything except case ventilation...their specs are way off and they have an annoying whine. Cooler Master has a long history of "creatively" reporting specs for their fans.

I'd suggest going with the fans that wevvspot linked if you can stand not having the red LEDs though I'd choose either of them over the R4s.

EDIT: Here's a chart of the airflow vs noise for the CoolerMaster R4 Sickleflow (and a few others): http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/120mm-fan-roundup-2_4.html#sect0

Note that it's moving less than 35 CFM at over 46 dB. I don't have any directly comparable numbers for the YL but I wanted to give you an example of how far off those CM numbers are.

Edited by Waco