Bitspower Waterblocks

Hi all,

I am setting up a watercooling loop and i need a waterblock for the ROG Rampage 3 Formula, the only one i can find is a bitspower block, they also have the blocks for my 6970s and the cpu, are their blocks good? also how is the Black Ice GT Xtreme 360 Radiator? Will 2 of them with 90 cfm fans be enough to cool a 950 at 4ghz, 2 oc 6970s, 12gb of corsair dominator 1600mhz and my mobo?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to OCC Mucho.

Bitspower makes a fine block - my nod usually always goes to an EK or Swiftech - but you don't have a lot of options :)

Looking at the complexity of your loop you might seriously consider setting up twin loops - one for your cpu and any other m/b components you plan on cooling, and then one dedicated to your video cards. Just food for thought.

Welcome to OCC Mucho.

Bitspower makes a fine block - my nod usually always goes to an EK or Swiftech - but you don't have a lot of options :)

Looking at the complexity of your loop you might seriously consider setting up twin loops - one for your cpu and any other m/b components you plan on cooling, and then one dedicated to your video cards. Just food for thought.

What about Coolance? http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12479/ex-blc-869/Koolance_MB-ASR3F_ASUS_Rampage_III_Formula_Liquid_Cooling_Motherboard_Block_No_Fittings.html?tl=g30c89s147

this is the block i need and i thought i saw a bitspower one but could noly find this

Also from frozen cpu, this TEC

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2408/exp-01/245W_Potted_Peltier.html?tl=g30c105

would 2 of these with a custom waterblock inbetween be ok to cool the liquid without any rads?

then have 2 3x120 rads to cool the hot sides?

Also would the Liang D5 pump be enough for this setup

2 loops:

Cold loop:

RES->Pump->2x250w TECs (cold side)->i7 950 at 3.8->mobo (R3F)->12gb corsair dominator 1600mhz->6970->6970->RES (yes i know no rads, my question is would this work?)

Hot loop:

RES->Pump-> 2x250w TECs (hot side)-> 2 3x120 RADs->RES

the Waterblocks would be EK (full Cu)for CPU,RAM and GPUs and Koolance for the MOBO

would this work? are 2 TECs enough to give cold temps with these 5 blocks? can a D5pump push through 5 blocks? any info/suggestions would be appreciated

I know that the D5 is an outstanding pump, because that's pretty much all I've ever used (Swiftech MCP655 to be exact). But I can't answer your question honestly because I've never had that much back pressure in my loops. We'll have to wait for an expert here. If you could get the resistance/flow values for each of the blocks and radiators we could do some math and compare it to the available head pressure coming out of the D5.

Edited by wevsspot

It really depends on the blocks. A lot of new CPU blocks are crazy restrictive (though GPU blocks usually aren't too bad).

I know my system has little to no restriction - my D5 pumps water so fast at the highest setting I have issues keeping it from sucking in bubbles in my reservoir even *with* it topped to the max.

It really depends on the blocks. A lot of new CPU blocks are crazy restrictive (though GPU blocks usually aren't too bad).

I know my system has little to no restriction - my D5 pumps water so fast at the highest setting I have issues keeping it from sucking in bubbles in my reservoir even *with* it topped to the max.

But how many blocks is that? Running through 5 blocks seems a little iffy on one pump.

It might be a better idea, for cooling reasons, to just do a dual-loop. You're already looking at dumping quite a bit of money into this loop, might as well do it effectively.

Koolance makes very good blocks, though EK seems to be the better bet for GPU full-cover blocks.

But how many blocks is that? Running through 5 blocks seems a little iffy on one pump.

Just two for mine but I have two high-flow blocks and a simple 2 pass 120.3 rad.

With pretty much any loop any flow over .5 GPM will be fine...so even with restrictive blocks (many of them) you'll still see good enough flow with a D5. I can turn my pump down to the lowest setting and my temps vary by essentially zero.

It might be a better idea, for cooling reasons, to just do a dual-loop. You're already looking at dumping quite a bit of money into this loop, might as well do it effectively.

Koolance makes very good blocks, though EK seems to be the better bet for GPU full-cover blocks.

the blocks i am getting are:

EK Supreme HF Full Copper

Koolance MBASR3F (mobo block- R3F)

EK Corsair Dominator Block

2x EK 6970 Acetal + Copper

Then 2 rads

2x Black Ice GT Xtreme 360

to top this all off i will have compression fittings, 1/2 inch transparent red tubes and 6 120mm 90cfm red led fans on the rads pumping out and 2 200mm red led fans pumping in

Are the EK graphics card backplates worth it? my case will have a window that allows you to see the cards but will the stock backplate work?