Catalyst wont open

AddictedGamer93

Something similar happened to me about a month or so ago and I still haven't solved it. My problem is that catalyst doesn't open, but doesn't display any error. It just never starts. I've tried just about everything I could think of, including trying other versions of the driver but to no avail. I'm using a 5770, btw, and it is detected in my device manager.

If I recall correctly, I think this problem occurred sometime when I was messing around with MSI's Afterburner and a GPU overclock failed. I've since uninstalled Afterburner, uninstalled my drivers and reinstalled countless times. My card still plays games fine so I know my card can't be damaged. :dunno:

Something similar happened to me about a month or so ago and I still haven't solved it. My problem is that catalyst doesn't open, but doesn't display any error. It just never starts. I've tried just about everything I could think of, including trying other versions of the driver but to no avail. I'm using a 5770, btw, and it is detected in my device manager.

If I recall correctly, I think this problem occurred sometime when I was messing around with MSI's Afterburner and a GPU overclock failed. I've since uninstalled Afterburner, uninstalled my drivers and reinstalled countless times. My card still plays games fine so I know my card can't be damaged. :dunno:

did you do a full flush, even deleting all the ATi folders and all?

Yeah, that used to happen to me back in the day when I still had my 2600XT, try just uninstalling/ and reinstalling the driver + software, it should work then, if not then you gotta clean out all the ATI stuff in the registry and install again.

Umm so you actually tried most of these suggestions? Just because a ANTI-VIRUS hasn't affected any drivers BEFORE doesn't mean that you shouldn't try disabling it.

Edit, you should've bought NVIDIA.

Edited by FUZi0N

It isnt a problem anymore. I finally said screw it and i reinstalled windows.

It sucks, but sometimes this is the only solution to fix a problem! I have had this same issue with CCC before. After uninstalling, deleting the registry, running driver cleaner, and reinstaling, CCC would still not open. The only thing that fixed it as well was to reinstall windows! Now most of the time I am installing my video drivers from AMD, I just uncheck CCC, and do not install it! I use MSI Afterburner for all of my tweaking.

I had this happen too - driver cleaner fixed it in safe mode.