Catalyst wont open

AddictedGamer93

When i try to open catalyst, i get a message saying " Catalyst Control Center cannot be started. There are currently no settings that can be configured using Catalyst Control Center."

Now what doesnt make sense, is that there were no issues up until today. I got home from school and turned on my rig. The first time i turned it on, it went through post and all that, but I had no video. So i hit the reset button, and this time i had video. I got into windows, and tried to open catalyst, since my scaling settings had gotten reset, and i got the message. Ive tried uninstalling all ATI software and reinstalling. Ive tried uninstalling and doing a safe-mode driver sweep. Nothing so far has fixed my problem.

So i really need your help guys

Go to device manager, does it detect your video card? And is the 6950 flashed?

Everything is detected fine, the only sign that there's something not right is the 1 inch thick black border around the image. And yes it is flashed.

I hate to tell you but you are screwed.

just kidding, try to install the drivers manually

I just copied this from google

Go to the device manager, right click your video card. Click update driver. Do not use Automatically Detect, instead use the manual install. When presented with the list of possible drivers, click Have Disk and browse for c:\ATI\Support\[Catalyst Version]. When you see an .INF file, click OK. Pick your video card from the list and click Finish. Reboot and you should have working ATI drivers.

other problems could be antivirus preventing startup

have u restarted ur computer a few times after installing the drivers?

I hate to tell you but you are screwed.

just kidding, try to install the drivers manually

I just copied this from google

Go to the device manager, right click your video card. Click update driver. Do not use Automatically Detect, instead use the manual install. When presented with the list of possible drivers, click Have Disk and browse for c:\ATI\Support\[Catalyst Version]. When you see an .INF file, click OK. Pick your video card from the list and click Finish. Reboot and you should have working ATI drivers.

other problems could be antivirus preventing startup

have u restarted ur computer a few times after installing the drivers?

Ive probably restarted it a hundred times lol. And im pretty sure it's not my antivirus, never had it give me issues involving drivers.