Weird Reboot

VaporX

Since disconnecting the front panels the issue has stopped. It would appear from early testing to be a grounding issue. Will call Antec in a bit to see what they have to say.

Problem I think has been found. When I described the issue to rep at Antec he asked if I had put the attached the reset button on the motherboard. I told him yes and he explained that some of the front panels had a grounding issue that caused a light bit of static at the front panel to arc to the reset. Since unplugging the front header fixed the issue I am now running with all but the reset plugged in to test. Since he was quick to mention this idea it would bet this is actually pretty common. This ia really a minor issue since I personally think reset buttons are a waste. if you have to warm boot then you really should cold boot. Hopefully this info will be of use to others in the future.

Problem I think has been found. When I described the issue to rep at Antec he asked if I had put the attached the reset button on the motherboard. I told him yes and he explained that some of the front panels had a grounding issue that caused a light bit of static at the front panel to arc to the reset. Since unplugging the front header fixed the issue I am now running with all but the reset plugged in to test. Since he was quick to mention this idea it would bet this is actually pretty common. This ia really a minor issue since I personally think reset buttons are a waste. if you have to warm boot then you really should cold boot. Hopefully this info will be of use to others in the future.

Hopefully that's the same thing that's causing my problem too. I have a different case, but it is an Antec. I'll give it a shot and see what happens