can any one help me with my Noctua NH-D14 plsss~

farc

Hi tere guys~ i just want to know if a Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler would fit in my ASUS P8P67 Pro Rev 3.0 along with my 2x4g corsair vengeance? i've read that the cooler is going to block the corsair vengeance...is there any way to get around it? I would really appreciate it if you guys can help me with this issue~

Well mine does.(not the same cooler but similar) when using these large coolers you can only use 2 sticks of ram. (which I see you have)

Here is what you can do.

1. mount the cooler to give the ram the most space, I mounted mine so the fans blow up and so the fans aren't near my ram.

2. only use the last 2 ram slots.

3.This only works on a few mobos but you could try if 1. doesn't work. Some people have moved where the fan was mounted and moved it slightly upwards so the ram could just fit under it. Never tried it though.

hopes this helps! :biggrin:

I just put one on my ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Rev 3.0 over the weekend with 4x2 Dominator simms. I had to remove the heat sinks from two simms of the ones closes to the CPU. I don't know how close the slots are on the Pro version to the CPU but it will be close. I would say that there is about 1/16 of an inch between the bottom of the fins and the top of the ram. That seems close but it will not cause any problems. You could always form the fins or trim them back. This is a big heat sink as you know and 1/2 inch of missing fin will not matter. And by the way this heat sink is quiet and it ROCKS.

yea tats the problem...i alrdy bought the ram. i saw a rather cheap Noctua NH-D14 so i was wondering if i could fit it with some modification to the ram...is gettin a h-70 better in my case? i really like the Noctua NH-D14 though...thx 4 all the replies guys, it really help~ :D

do u guys think i can remove the heatsinks from the corsair vengeance? would it damage my ram? and also how do i remove it lol? do i just ply it off with a tool?

I am totally sure as to the procedure, BUT DONT JUST PRY IT OFF. You could seriously damage the RAM.

And this will void your warranty!

do u guys think i can remove the heatsinks from the corsair vengeance? would it damage my ram? and also how do i remove it lol? do i just ply it off with a tool?

On the Dominator there are just 3 screws across the top and it just lifts off, no damage at all. I saved then in case I wanted to put them back on. I don't know how they are attached on the Vengeance models.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just read the new post "P67 Memory Kit Roundup Review" and it does not look like the heat sinks come off. That being said it does say that "This design is slightly shorter than the standard Dominator equipped modules at 2.07 vs. 2.25 inches tall". I am impressed with the NH-D14 and would try to make it part of your build.

man i actually regret gettin a corsair vengence...should hv went for something else...now i cant use nice cooler because of this....sigh...\

But still thanks alot for the help guys...and thx for the p67 memory kit roundup link. :D

And toasty u can get it cheap if u are in NZ lol, its only selling for 140 nzd on website.

Edited by farc

The H70 would fix your problem

man i actually regret gettin a corsair vengence...should hv went for something else...now i cant use nice cooler because of this....sigh...\

yeeeeup, I never recommend those kind of "high performance" kind of memory sticks to anyone. More like "high profit" for the memory companies :lol: