newegg deal, 1.5tb hdd

sYstEmATiC

EDIT** Forgot to put [DEAL] in prefix, and put in the wrong section. Can a mod move it for me? sorry :ph34r:

Newegg has a good deal going on for Seagate 1.5tb usb 3.0 Freeagent Goflex external drives for 109.99, down from 149.99

The deal is over on the 31st of this month. I just snagged one, considering a second.

You have to add it to the cart to see the 109.99 price.

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1.5TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive STAA1500100

Edited by sYstEmATiC

:withstupid: i would get the 2tb LP and drop it an external enclosure for cheaper ;)

It would need a power source though. I have a 1tb wd mybook, but I'm trying to get away from having to plug them into the wall. That and the 2 500gb portables I have are full.

Edited by sYstEmATiC

It would need a power source though. I have a 1tb wd mybook, but I'm trying to get away from having to plug them into the wall. That and the 2 500gb portables I have are full.

You can get those at radioshack. That still would be cheaper though :D

Wow I just bought a 2TB from Newegg for 70 bucks. internal though.

AFAIK the drive he posted is a 2.5" drive that doesn't require external power aside from USB. :)

they make 2.5"ers that big now!? I thought they were only 1TB and thicker (unless the drive in there is EVEN thicker yet, and three platters of 500GB?)

tbh though, who needs to carry around that much capacity, it does have the perk of USB 3.0. Which makes me somewhat support it, if it was USB 2.0, I'd tell you kindly to leave :P

You can get those at radioshack. That still would be cheaper though :D

The whole point of it being "portable" is to NOT have to have a power source. IE, one 12in cable, so I can Velcro it to the back of my laptop, this way I don't even really notice its there, physically. Its almost like having another internal drive. You pay extra for this feature.

AFAIK the drive he posted is a 2.5" drive that doesn't require external power aside from USB. :)

Right on!

they make 2.5"ers that big now!? I thought they were only 1TB and thicker (unless the drive in there is EVEN thicker yet, and three platters of 500GB?)

tbh though, who needs to carry around that much capacity, it does have the perk of USB 3.0. Which makes me somewhat support it, if it was USB 2.0, I'd tell you kindly to leave :P

Well they make 1TB 2.5in drives, but this is actually 2x 750gb 2.5inchers in one case. I need the space, my 2x 500gb portables are full, less than 30 gigs free on each. Besides, I'm going to condense the 2 500 gigs onto the one drive so I dont have to carry around a ton of drives. I agree on the usb 2.0-3.0 thing. I wouldn't have bothered posting if it wasn't a usb 3.0. I have a 500gb version of the same drive and its 3.0. Just as fast as e-sata.

Well they make 1TB 2.5in drives, but this is actually 2x 750gb 2.5inchers in one case. I need the space, my 2x 500gb portables are full, less than 30 gigs free on each. Besides, I'm going to condense the 2 500 gigs onto the one drive so I dont have to carry around a ton of drives. I agree on the usb 2.0-3.0 thing. I wouldn't have bothered posting if it wasn't a usb 3.0. I have a 500gb version of the same drive and its 3.0. Just as fast as e-sata.

Ya I've heard USB 3.0 is actually faster for some reason than esata with the same drives :blink:

kudos man, glad someone can use it. It's great for a laptop, should have clicked on the link. Thought it was a big 3.5" external :whistling:

Your laptop has usb 3.0??

How much stuff do you carry around with you lol

Ya I've heard USB 3.0 is actually faster for some reason than esata with the same drives :blink:

I'd be surprised if that held true. eSATA (so, SATA, lol) is far lower latency than USB 3.0 and regular HDDs shouldn't come close to saturating either interface.

I'd be surprised if that held true. eSATA (so, SATA, lol) is far lower latency than USB 3.0 and regular HDDs shouldn't come close to saturating either interface.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=180616 They're atleast comparable but I think that USB 3.0 might have more overhead, it's a toss up either way

kudos man, glad someone can use it. It's great for a laptop, should have clicked on the link. Thought it was a big 3.5" external :whistling:

Your laptop has usb 3.0??

How much stuff do you carry around with you lol

My new laptop has 2 usb 3.0 ports, and an esata port. The rest are usb 2.0. Either way, usb3.0 is backwards compatible with 2.0.

Ive got well over 400gb of movies, close to 300gb of music, and a ton of games, pics and stuff I've accumulated over the years. The new laptop has 2x500gb drives, and I still have the 2x500gb 2.5in externals, and a 1TB wd mybook, so I'll be able to keep a backup of it all.

Edited by sYstEmATiC