Sign in to follow this  
Fieldsy

$2500 AUD Gaming/ Media Rig

the REAL benchmarks that use equivalent parts show the true story, the 1100T's 6 Cores IS better for editing despite what Intel fans say, im biased to niether side i just want the best system for my money, but when it came down to it my AMD system is much better value for money and much more powerful than a system of the same standards in Intel

LOL this guy talks of best price/performance an buys an 1100T instead of a 1055T :lol:

@iviy yes i talk about it! But when i buy it it doesnt mean im looking for a good price/quality item for myself! my build is a Top-Of-The line AMD did i say anywhere i was purchasing a best price/quality pc? no but thanks anyway

sorry jammin basically my posts are done in my lunch break at work and i dont have time to find the benchmarks i saw when i was first looking for my build i will endeavour to find them tonight but the ones i did find showed the 1100T's 6 cores were faster in editing photos (albeit by literally seconds) although i did just have another thought i seem to remember the benchmarks i saw were actually for edits that consisted of 6 changes/layers at a time. It may well be that te 2600k is faster for changes one at a time but the 6 cores might kick in to make it a faster choice over multiple changes i will look into this though. just a thought on that part.

not saying your stupid im just sick of bias ultimately everyone wants the best build possible and if someone is biased to one build in the end they wont pick the best choice for themselves.

in terms of the graphics cards if you look on the previous pages in the article it gives the list of hardware used....the MOBO's are of similar standard but surely they wouldnt be using a GTX580 with an amd CPU and MOBO as that slows things down a lil aswell and if they were using the radeon 5550 which is the other graphics card mentioned well thats just entirely unfair and of course results will be skewed towards the intels. i also dont like that they compare a top of the range amd cpu to a close to top of the range intel cpu using sub-standard MOBO's really if you want the best performance you want the best MOBO otherwise you arent getting the most out of the cpu yeh? so by testing them with basic mobos its going to slow both cpus im not saying amd more so but from memory the results i saw were pretty much top of the range gear for both setups and it showed the amd pulled away (enough to catch my attention and make me want one) in all of the editing programs especially when it came to HD movies.

@Fieldsy

mate either way you go if your spending 2500 its going to be a good build.....if your mate is asking you to do it all for him would it be fair to say he doesnt know much about pc's in terms of parts? if not he more than likely wont care whats inside jsut that it does the job! and if the job can be done cheaper, if i was him and not caring about parts, cheaper would be the way i would go (keeping in mind both options will be differences that small its barely noticeable to a serious gamer!) a $2500 intel build is probably very similar to a $2200 amd build......pocket $200 for a builders fee ;) and save him $100 haha

LOL this guy talks of best price/performance an buys an 1100T instead of a 1055T :lol:

i also said price/performance compared to and intel build.....

i also said price/performance compared to and intel build.....

How high has your 1100T overclocked??