LGA 1155 Gaming Build opinion/recommendations/comments :)

jdhatt

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what features does the asus board have that the gigabyte doesnt and vice versa? i heard something about less 6GB SATA controllers on the gigabyte, and no dual ethernet ports (which i still dont quite understand the use for)? is this s big problem? does the gigabyte have something to compensate?

Trust me, you won't utilize the second ethernet port, and even if you had a use for it, one of the ports didn't work on my brother's system (ASUS Deluxe).

what is it even for? and do you know anything about the 6GB controllers? how many does the gigabyte have? will i need more?

Gigabyte has two Marvel 6GB ports, the Deluxe has two Marvel 6GB ports and two P67 6GB ports, which reportedly provide better performance.

Usually you want a second ethernet port if you want to bridge a connection.

Yeah the 2400 from 2500K is worth it. You'd easily get to 4.5ghz, that's like the minimum these chips get with any aftermarket cooler haha.

I'm still on and haven't used an SSD yet so I'm with ya on boot times :P

i just hope that Asus will do some thing about these bugs and boot time in the next chipset ..hopefully the Ivy Bridge will be priced well too :D

Gigabyte has two Marvel 6GB ports, the Deluxe has two Marvel 6GB ports and two P67 6GB ports, which reportedly provide better performance.

Usually you want a second ethernet port if you want to bridge a connection.

on specs it says the gigabyte has 2 on chipset and 2 on marvell as well....i dont see where the difference applies :s

edit: sorry read the specs wrong it was saying theres a combo esata and sata port under marvell not two extra 6gb sata ports, my bad haha.

Edited by jdhatt

What boot time issue? I have/had no boot time issues with the Sabertooth or Deluxe.

my board does this :

some times when i start the PC the screen shows nothing and then the windows starts ...others it shows the normal screens (logo, marvel thing ..) and starts the PC

both cases take more than 30 seconds which is the time expected using a SSD my PRO (not B3 ) has that problem and i think it is the only one which does.

this is not just in my case, hardwarecanucks review of my PRO (B3) mentioned that :

- Depending on configuration, boot up times can be a little long.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/40263-asus-p8p67-pro-lga1155-sandy-bridge-motherboard-review-16.html

look for it in the "Cons" list

@ N.E.A - That sucks. I'm glad I never got the Pro version... but you would think a BIOS update would fix it.

i wont bother doing so since i will replace the board with either the deluxe or the sabertooth :D or i think i will wait to see what Z68 has to offer.

Now, There is a Lesson I've learned, never buy a piece of hardware without reading reviews, asking for opinions ..etc ..and its a 1st

i know right now you may say what a noob or whatever, but every one makes mistakes. That is we call ourselves HUMANS :D

That sounded like Gandhi :D (a great Man)

Edited by N.E.A