Diablo 3

tkrow21

Anybody got any Inferno tips for a Barb?

I'm getting smashed...8-9k DPS and about 7200 def. Can't handle the random elite mobs in act I. Three or four hits (tops) and I'm dead. I have 60+% damage reduction! How the hell?

:wacko:

On inferno you need to be stacking All Resistance as well as armor, at least 600+ to all resistance. Using War Cry with Impunity rune helps alot. Also try getting your dps up to 20k+ and you'll do better. Can't tank mobs indefinitely so getting some damage done is needed.

Here's the build my brother uses. It's made for inferno act 2 and up. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WQRVYk!bch!ccZcac

Edited by Heeron

I'm a wizard doing 16k dmg, 6.1k armor and 700 all resists. I am focusing mroe on defence rather than most glass cannons out there, and thats not my style to kite the whole game. Hence my pathetic damage...

I am saving up for a high damage weapon though. I still can't kill mobs fast enough in Act 2 Inferno but its impossible for me to die in Act 1 Inferno. Unless I am stupid and stand in Arcane beams and Desecrator lol

Edited by nickk47

On inferno you need to be stacking All Resistance as well as armor, at least 600+ to all resistance. Using War Cry with Impunity rune helps alot. Also try getting your dps up to 20k+ and you'll do better. Can't tank mobs indefinitely so getting some damage done is needed.

Here's the build my brother uses. It's made for inferno act 2 and up. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WQRVYk!bch!ccZcac

Thanks for the heads up...I had to figure out what was wrong with the skills and then realized I haven't been using elective mode. Time for more defensive skills :)

Got to 944 Resistance to all Elements + Physical tonight.. Puts me at about 76% Resistance.

We worked on Act 2 today of Inferno.. Not bad.. We made good progress, did not die too much.. Normally only when we encountered more than one group of champions and or elites..

One of the dungeons we went into had 8 groups of Champs/Elites. It sucked..

Got to 944 Resistance to all Elements + Physical tonight.. Puts me at about 76% Resistance.

We worked on Act 2 today of Inferno.. Not bad.. We made good progress, did not die too much.. Normally only when we encountered more than one group of champions and or elites..

One of the dungeons we went into had 8 groups of Champs/Elites. It sucked..

I spent a lot of money on a MF set, and now I dont have monies for resist set :(

The logic was if I spent money on MF gear Resist gear would come naturally... Now with repairs costing so freaking much I have only like 5k in the bank :S Cant really even play now....

I had to respec my WD from a DPS build to a heal tank build after the IAS nerf that broke my WD. The team I run with now easily farms the first two acts of Inferno.

Not done switching all my gear but currently at 650-750 All res's, 5700 armor, and dropped to 12k DPS. Sucks seeing tiny 20k crits instead of 120k, but I can actually survive now...and dead = 0 DPS.

I spent a lot of money on a MF set, and now I dont have monies for resist set :(

The logic was if I spent money on MF gear Resist gear would come naturally... Now with repairs costing so freaking much I have only like 5k in the bank :S Cant really even play now....

F... those increased price on repairs.. That is some BS.

I ended up leaving the game last night after about 6 hours of play time (doing pretty decent I might add) about 40k less than when I started. Every time I repaired it was between 24k and 36k.

As for the Resist gear.. With the Monk we have that one Passive that makes all your resistances equal to your highest resistance. So when I hit inferno I dropped the passive and seen what I had the most of and I just started stacking it.

I am stacking +Physical Res. right now I can tell you after playing for about 13 hours. I have not had a single piece of +Phys. Resist drop for me that was any dang good.

So all my gear with that resist on it has been from the AH.

The only other time I will swap out gear is when it is the +Resist to all Elements gear.

Looks like I will be spending any time today on the game Farming Inferno Act 1.... again...

F... those increased price on repairs.. That is some BS.

I ended up leaving the game last night after about 6 hours of play time (doing pretty decent I might add) about 40k less than when I started. Every time I repaired it was between 24k and 36k.

As for the Resist gear.. With the Monk we have that one Passive that makes all your resistances equal to your highest resistance. So when I hit inferno I dropped the passive and seen what I had the most of and I just started stacking it.

I am stacking +Physical Res. right now I can tell you after playing for about 13 hours. I have not had a single piece of +Phys. Resist drop for me that was any dang good.

So all my gear with that resist on it has been from the AH.

The only other time I will swap out gear is when it is the +Resist to all Elements gear.

Looks like I will be spending any time today on the game Farming Inferno Act 1.... again...

Yea the high repair costs stink, I pay 36k at the yellow damaged icon and have never let it get to red...to add insult to injury our repair costs have increased a ton and they still have the nerve to give 800 gold for a quest completion reward :lol:.

Keep in mind that +Res All also increases your Physical res, which is calculated separately from your Armors resistance value, and is easier to find then +Phys Res.

Well I am done with Diablo 3 until next Friday..

About 10mins ago I just Finished Act 3 on Inferno.

Oh and the funny part is (I cant spell the spider chicks name.. Cydia or something) but the spider chick mini boss before the end boss of Act 3 is about 1million times harder than Azmodan. (or however his name is spelt.)

Well I am done with Diablo 3 until next Friday..

About 10mins ago I just Finished Act 3 on Inferno.

Oh and the funny part is (I cant spell the spider chicks name.. Cydia or something) but the spider chick mini boss before the end boss of Act 3 is about 1million times harder than Azmodan. (or however his name is spelt.)

I've definitely noticed that some of the lesser bosses and even the random elite mobs are harder than the actual level bosses.