Diablo 3

tkrow21

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hmmm. I play co-op with the 4 buddies I told to buy it. I think we all tolerate the game. We are all in Hell mode with our character. I don't think we will play much once hell is over. Just not that happy with the game but I do feel like I am playing to get some ROI. (Return on Investment)

It isn't a game for everyone, nor is it trying to be. I enjoy it, and play it when I get a chance and often into the wee hours. At first when the servers were bogged down, I really disliked the server requirement. Though not having to worry about the god-mode, anti-god-mode, anti-anti-god-mode cheaters ruining the game is a plus. You also don't have to worry about competing for the same drop with some lame loot roll or distribution system... the loot that drops is yours and yours alone.

The difficulty was seriously unbalanced, which I actually kind of enjoyed the challenge. I haven't had a chance to play with the new patch to see how much things have changed. Nothing like running into a prison + mortar + fast + shield elite group or anything with those friggin lasers while trying to run away only to encounter some other seriously tough group. :lol:

It isn't a game for everyone, nor is it trying to be. I enjoy it, and play it when I get a chance and often into the wee hours. At first when the servers were bogged down, I really disliked the server requirement. Though not having to worry about the god-mode, anti-god-mode, anti-anti-god-mode cheaters ruining the game is a plus. You also don't have to worry about competing for the same drop with some lame loot roll or distribution system... the loot that drops is yours and yours alone.

The difficulty was seriously unbalanced, which I actually kind of enjoyed the challenge. I haven't had a chance to play with the new patch to see how much things have changed. Nothing like running into a prison + mortar + fast + shield elite group or anything with those friggin lasers while trying to run away only to encounter some other seriously tough group. :lol:

stupid.gif

Right on bro!

The only downside to the game is the fact that your playing the same 4 acts over and over.

But in all honesty, what game is not like this? World of Warcraft was the same.. You raid the same dungeons. You farm the same areas for whatever.

Battlefield.. Your killing people in the same areas.. lmao..

I enjoy it because it's not like World of Warcraft where you need to be spec'ed a certain way to play the game. There are no specific roles in the game. Everyone gets to just go out and kill crap.

You actually have to have a bit of game talent to play the game on Inferno. It's not just running in there and killing bosses. You have to learn how to "duck and move". Some skill is required while on the other hand it's not so much skill needed that a 10 year old can still play the game with ease. (I mean your 10 year old will learn cuss words pretty fast playing on Inferno.. Sometimes I think I have turrets syndrome when playing on inferno in Act 2.)

I don't think it was a waste of money, but that is all my opinion.

I dig running through the acts over and over on Inferno. Would be nice if someone got on more often *cough*psywar*cough*, but whatever :P And yeah, I love the fact that there's so much room for improv in this game regarding builds. with how stats and skills work with runes, people are coming up with new ways to play all the time. And I echo that it definitely isnt for everyone. if you dont enjoy grinding on mobs to get gear and gold, then this wouldnt be a good investment. there's still tweaks that need to be done to the game, but that comes with any new game. I'm looking forward to whatever they do with D3, expansion-wise! :D

The only downside to the game is the fact that your playing the same 4 acts over and over.

I don't remember anyone complaining about that in Diablo 2 though, even before they got the 5th act. I've been running act 1 inferno over the past few days with some friends. Lots of fun. The magic drops I'm getting are generally way better than all of the rares that I had previously.

I think a major problem with the game is the random dungeons really aren't in D3 like they were in the previous games. They change only slightly in layout for some areas, but the key areas are always the same. If they had more random layouts, playing through the same 4 acts would not be that big of a deal.

I dig running through the acts over and over on Inferno. Would be nice if someone got on more often *cough*psywar*cough*, but whatever :P And yeah, I love the fact that there's so much room for improv in this game regarding builds. with how stats and skills work with runes, people are coming up with new ways to play all the time. And I echo that it definitely isnt for everyone. if you dont enjoy grinding on mobs to get gear and gold, then this wouldnt be a good investment. there's still tweaks that need to be done to the game, but that comes with any new game. I'm looking forward to whatever they do with D3, expansion-wise! :D

Bout' time you joined this forum John.

I'll be on today..

I think a major problem with the game is the random dungeons really aren't in D3 like they were in the previous games. They change only slightly in layout for some areas, but the key areas are always the same. If they had more random layouts, playing through the same 4 acts would not be that big of a deal.

Agreed.

I never went in the random dungeons in D2 because they never got me anywhere or anything good. If you wanted good gear you had to fight bosses. But, bosses are not the only ones dropping good loot, so random dungeons could be beneficial.

Beat nightmare on my Wizard yesterday, sadly they put level restrictions. So need to level up one more time to level 50 before I can go into Hell.

My monk is level 55. I get smashed in hell. Even spec'd as healer.