2.1 or 5.7 or what?

SpeedCrazy

Okay, i guess i did give enough info.

Mainly i will be listening to music, i watch some movies, play 1 or 2 games. I normally listen at my desk or on my bed and sometimes just in the room.(as in, wandering around, in a chair reading, talking with friends)

So, 5.1 no go, correct? So 2.1, sounds good to me. Can i attach more than 2 speakers in a 2.1 setup? Say, 2 satellites on either side of my desk, sub underneath and a satellite on the bookshelf by my bed?

Oh and im not expecting to find a pre made setup like this, i was thinking of getting an amp, some quality bookshelf speakers and a sub.

As I said before you can use any configuration of speakers you want, but understand that the configurations are (# of Speakers . # of Subwoofers). A 2.1 setup requires 2 speakers. A 5.1 setup requires 5 speakers. No more, no less its exact.

The setup you're asking for is pretty awkward to be honest, but its do-able if you have the proper equipment to set it up. If you have a receiver that can output stereo to all speakers, then you will get sound from all 3 speakers. I really don't see the point of using 3, when you can just turn up the volume of the other 2. The only reason to go higher than 2 speakers is if you want surround sound (Movies or Games, not really for music other than filling a large area like supermarkets).

Normally this kind of setup is used for people who have multiple listening areas. Say in the living room you have one set of speakers. Then in the patio you have outdoor speakers. You can setup the receiver to play audio from both at the same time, or one location. So in effect you can either use all 3 speakers at once or just the fronts or rear.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Why not go for the old trusty stereo amplifier with some full range speakers?

Because i want a good sub in the mix some how.

So basically from what you are saying i want a dual output 2.1 amp? 1 set on my desk the other by my bed? Or even a 2.1 + stereo. 2.1 on my desk (and under) for while listening at the computer or general in room listening and the stereo set by my bed.

Do such amps exist?