Best Place To Get Music

jack_of_java

So I've been recently wanting to get some music from when I was growing up and such. Where is the best place to download/purchase the mp3's? I've thought about amazon and itunes, but I don't want to be stuck with only being able to put it on one device or an apple only device. So where do you guys recommend a person to go and download MP3's from, considering the situation?

Thats a good question. But I don't think there is any place online that sells Mp3's that you can put on any device, because what would be stopping you from making copies. nothing. That is why Amazon and itunes only let you put it on there device so they can prevent people from just coping the music and giving it to there friends. What the 2 posts before mine said are your only legal options.

Edited by Black6464

Thats a good question. But I don't think there is any place online that sells Mp3's that you can put on any device, because what would be stopping you from making copies. nothing. That is why Amazon and itunes only let you put it on there device so they can prevent people from just coping the music and giving it to there friends. What the 2 posts before mine said are your only legal options.

I've bought a good 70+ songs off of Amazon and I haven't had any problems putting them on my MP3 player and making personal copies. There are some watermarks that identify them as Amazon MP3s or the record label, but they're DRM free. The only catch is that you have to download their downloader, which I have had no problems with.

I've bought a good 70+ songs off of Amazon and I haven't had any problems putting them on my MP3 player and making personal copies. There are some watermarks that identify them as Amazon MP3s or the record label, but they're DRM free. The only catch is that you have to download their downloader, which I have had no problems with.

This guy has it right.

Amazon doesn't have any DRM on their MP3 files. Amazon is the place that I always recommend to anyone looking to purchase music online.

If you own a CD drive....

Buy the CD

Rip to computer (preferably in FLAC or something lossless)

Convert to MP3 for portable, use lossless audio on PC

Or you could take the time to do some research and purchase a portable player that plays FLAC, that's what I do. :D

Edited by Deathmineral