Sign in to follow this  
El_Capitan

OCC Tutorials Forum Section Request

Hey OCC Staff,

I'm trying to start an OCC Tutorial of the Week with OCC Members as contributors. It'd be cool if maybe there could be a section within the Forums for it, would that be possible?

Tutorial 03/28/2011: Downsizing pics for forum posting (SpeedCrazy)

Tutorial 04/04/2011: Overclocking Phenom II x6 CPU's with PhenomMsrTweaker (El_Capitan)

Tutorial 04/11/2011: Water-Cooling (l33t p1mp) - Specific topic unknown at the moment

Tutorial 04/18/2011: TBD

Thats the admins job if they approve, Im not sure what can or cant be done.

The only thing I can offer is to get each week's tutorial pinned up in the members lounge .

We could keep the current week's tutorial and the previous week's tutorial pinned along with another topic for archived tutorials where we will list the older ones that are unpinned as time goes on . I will volunteer to archive them and keep track of each week's tutorial . I think this is a much easier way then trying to add a whole new section .

Sounds good, just didn't want them spread all over the place in different sections. Although, there might end up being a huge amount of tutorial's being pinned...

Sounds good, just didn't want them spread all over the place in different sections. Although, there might end up being a huge amount of tutorial's being pinned...

No what I mean is that we keep 3 topics pinned . The current week's topic , the previous week's topic and an archive topic . Once a new week begins , the previous week's topic remains while anything further than that is unpinned but in the archive topic we will keep links of all the previous topics as they are unpinned . This way we can save space yet still allow users the opportunity to get easy access to the previous tutorials by having worded links to direct them .

Ahh, I get what your saying. Or, we could just pin one OCC Tutorials of the Week topic, and list all the Tutorials linking to those topics there.

Ahh, I get what your saying. Or, we could just pin one OCC Tutorials of the Week topic, and list all the Tutorials linking to those topics there.

Ahh brilliant idea Capi :thumbsup: I think that would really work .

Cool. I'll post a "OCC Tutorials of the Week" in the Members Lounge for you to sticky. :)

Ok will do