Sign in to follow this  
Utmost

Not many jumping on SB here

I get the feeling many OCC members aren't going with SB builds. I guess I keep forgetting that we are enthusiasts and 1155 is a mainstream platform. Maybe I should wait to go with 2011. It's so hard not to pull the trigger when I'm only a MB and CPU away.

most people are still running LGA775, bro

Suprising to see that thought but I guess my world may be a little jaded. My last 775 parts went away a while back.

I wouldn't say most of the members are running 775 still. Maybe a decent amount, but not the majority.

If you're on the 1156, the jump to 1155 is a good decision, especially if you can sell your 1156 CPU and motherboard.

We should have a poll! :)

LGA775 here haha.

And I'm waiting for 2011

Edited by viperk1

I get the feeling many OCC members aren't going with SB builds. I guess I keep forgetting that we are enthusiasts and 1155 is a mainstream platform. Maybe I should wait to go with 2011. It's so hard not to pull the trigger when I'm only a MB and CPU away.
maybe once the socket 2011's come out...x58's will dominate 'till then ....we'll see

most people are still running LGA775, bro

most people in the world, probably... most people on OCC though? I doubt it...

I can't say about OCC specifically, but tech report just did a hardware poll and LGA775 was dominant with 24% of users

A large portion of people are buying new computers but in the new buyer market, AMD has a piece of the pie

so the overall stats would people who upgrade vs. people who did not upgrade and more seem to have upgraded to quad core (at least those who participated in voting)

so there are indeed alot of i7s going around

Which board *is* most popular here on OCC?

Whats the most popular "high-performance" socket size? I choose a 1366 and hope i made a good decision to ensure moderate future-proofing...

I wouldn't say most of the members are running 775 still. Maybe a decent amount, but not the majority.

Maybe half the active users.

OT: I think that the current SB lineup is lacking. Can barely touch the FSB, and you only get the multis if you pay extra. :\