aaportnell

How do you put user folders on a different hdd / partition

Righto...

my laptop came with this set up so....

does anyone know how to set up your user folders (so including ALL libraries) onto a separate partition or ideally a separate hard drive (which i assume is the same process and know different???)

Any help is appreciated....

Let's say you're trying to do it with pictures on a C and D partition. Right click the Pictures folder on the D partition, then mouseover include in library, and then pick either pictures or create new library. :thumbsup:

im not sure that is what i am looking for...

i want it to be set up from install so all user files are permanently stored on a seperate partition to the windows folder and program files...??

anyone

Select the library you want to change and open properties. Then hit add folder and make a folder on drive D, then remove the folder on drive C. All your files you save to that library will be in that new folder on drive D.

Select the library you want to change and open properties. Then hit add folder and make a folder on drive D, then remove the folder on drive C. All your files you save to that library will be in that new folder on drive D.

my bad,

thanks but i dont mean just libraries, i mean the entire user folders (public and all different user accounts) so Desktop, Favourites, Contacts, Documents, Downloads etc...the whole lot

it must be possible as my laptop uses this layyout with OS on C: and the user folders on a partition D:

anyone??