AT&T buys T-mobile

fire_storm

Verizon? 3G practically everywhere but the eastern plains and high mountainous regions.

Oh how I love the roaming agreement that Sprint and Verizon signed! Where there is Sprint coverage Verizon works, and vice versa! Cracks me up when I hear someone say that Sprint's coverage sucks, and they are on a CDMA Verizon phone :whistling:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh how I love the roaming agreement that Sprint and Verizon signed! Where there is Sprint coverage Verizon works, and vice versa! Cracks me up when I hear someone say that Sprint's coverage sucks, and they are on a CDMA Verizon phone :whistling:

Yeah, thats what I like about Sprint and Verizon. Shareable coverage basically, much easier to deal with. Sprint doesn't have too great coverage in the town I live, but thats where Verizon comes in. :lol:

Sprint roaming still does have it's limits you can only use 800 minutes a month and 300mb of data while roaming otherwise they may terminate your contract.

It works out well for people who mainly live in sprint coverage areas and have to go into an area with no sprint coverage occasionally but if you live in an area that doesn't have any sprint coverage at all it may not work well especially if you have a smart phone that uses a lot of data.

Edited by fire_storm

Yeah, thats what I like about Sprint and Verizon. Shareable coverage basically, much easier to deal with. Sprint doesn't have too great coverage in the town I live, but thats where Verizon comes in. :lol:

Haha... I remember when my parents looked into getting Sprint awhile back. They didn't even get coverage inside the store. The store people said it was because of interference at the store -- so the told them to essentially take them for a test drive, they didn't work on the back porch either. Sad excuse for a phone really. lol. Hope they do better these days.

But I can't even brag up my Verizon either, have to pay to have our own hot spot when we move to the new house in August... apparently we'll be just out of anything range -- yet we'll have U-verse... guess can't win them all. lol

I'm surprised that AT&T's data speeds haven't reduced their customer database already ;) But, at least now the iPhone will work w/o wifi :whistling: GSM is BA overseas, but here in the US CDMA is king!

I love my Evo on Sprint though ;) and even if my 3rd party employee line wasn't $40/mo for unlimited everything :evilgrin: I would still be with them! $69.99 unlimited everything is killing the other 2 carriers!

You mean $79.99 with premium data charge (you gotta hook me up with that SERO rate man!! :thumbsup: )

:withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid:

Sprint roaming still does have it's limits you can only use 800 minutes a month and 300mb of data while roaming otherwise they may terminate your contract.

It works out well for people who mainly live in sprint coverage areas and have to go into an area with no sprint coverage occasionally but if you live in an area that doesn't have any sprint coverage at all it may not work well especially if you have a smart phone that uses a lot of data.

I've never had a problem, I'm a very heavy data user and I've assuredly broken the 300MB on long trips in rural areas (where data is roaming most often)

I've never had a problem, I'm a very heavy data user and I've assuredly broken the 300MB on long trips in rural areas (where data is roaming most often)

That's why they say they may terminate your contract I'm sure if you go over your roaming limits every once and a while things will be fine but if you live in an area with no sprint coverage and you constantly go over your roaming limits you may run into a problem.

Edited by fire_storm

Haha... I remember when my parents looked into getting Sprint awhile back. They didn't even get coverage inside the store. The store people said it was because of interference at the store -- so the told them to essentially take them for a test drive, they didn't work on the back porch either. Sad excuse for a phone really. lol. Hope they do better these days.

Not really sure how long ago you are talking about, but we have had our roaming agreement signed with Verizon for around 2 years now ;)

You mean $79.99 with premium data charge (you gotta hook me up with that SERO rate man!! :thumbsup: )

Yea, the $10 premium data charge blows, especially if you aren't even in a 4G area yet, which is what it is for! But even at $79.99 Unlimited Everything, we are still killing the other carrier's prices ;) And your data speeds are faster than anyone else also, even on 3G!

That's why they say they may terminate your contract I'm sure if you go over your roaming limits every once and a while things will be fine but if you live in an area with no sprint coverage and you constantly go over your roaming limits you may run into a problem.

When it comes to roaming charges, they have been obsolete for at least 2-3 years now as long as you have the right plan! If you are still on an older Sprint plan then yes you may have to deal with this, but why the h would anyone be on an older Sprint plan when our new Everything plans are better and cheaper? But fire, I can assure you if you are on one of our Unlimited Everything plans, then you can go anywhere in the US, and you will NOT incur any roaming charges. Roaming charges are a stoneage wireless concept ;)

Oh I know Sprint 3G rocks, no need convincing me there.

I want to know if any customers have successfully gotten a 4G phone and opted out of the $10 extra charge. This is what I want to do, I just want an Epic or Evo Shift but don't care if I have 4G or not. I want that hardware (hero200 here)

Not really sure how long ago you are talking about, but we have had our roaming agreement signed with Verizon for around 2 years now ;)

If you read, you would notice it clearly says SPRINT!

When it comes to roaming charges, they have been obsolete for at least 2-3 years now as long as you have the right plan! If you are still on an older Sprint plan then yes you may have to deal with this, but why the h would anyone be on an older Sprint plan when our new Everything plans are better and cheaper? But fire, I can assure you if you are on one of our Unlimited Everything plans, then you can go anywhere in the US, and you will NOT incur any roaming charges. Roaming charges are a stoneage wireless concept ;)

I didn't say you would get charged if you had a sprint phone I know it's included in the plans but there are limits to the roaming plan which could effect someone people who live in an area with zero sprint coverage.

From Sprints usage agreement

Data and roaming usage limits

Voice roaming: 800 minutes or a majority of minutes

Data roaming: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes

Edited by fire_storm