Sign in to follow this  
fmajor007

Whats the fastest GPU my board can handle?

Hello,

I have an Asus P6T Deluxe V2 board and have been thinking about a possible GPU upgrade from a 285GTX to something, well, faster.

My PC components are in my sig, but could i run one of the new super fast cards? Is there a better way to increase my speed? I plan on gaming BFBC2 and have enjoyed 2142 at max settings and no lag. I *need* the no-lag stuff 'cause in-game i suck!!!

Help!!!!

You could literally use any of the high end GPUs on the market with that board and that PSU. :)

You could also get quite a boost simply by OC'ing your CPU. What's it running at?

Edited by Waco

any graphic card will be fine

you should get a 560, 6950 or higher if you want a better card

Thx Waco -

Right now, it's not running at all (waiting on new HDD's to replace my stolen ones....). Otherwise, absolute stock - no OC at all.

I'd like to OC the components i have, but i really don't know how. Since all my software was stolen (imagine every CD/DVD that comes w/components to OS, Office Suite - name it - it was stolen) i'll be downloading everything.... but that's another topic altogether.

Sweet!!! OK, so i can sorta be setting pennies aside for a GPU to keep it in the stratosphere!

GTX 570 will rock your resolution. But honestly, if you want the best of the best for that resolution, 2x GTX 560 or 2x HD 6950. I would opt for the 560s just because you basically get the same performance as 2x 6950 at that resolution but you also get Physx and CUDA if you need it.

Thx Kreig337!

Yea, once i've overcome the expense from replacing 2x HDD's, OS, Office Suite and other stuff i'll be looking long and hard at a SLI setup! I've never tried an SLI, but if my board/PSU can handle it (and i think my case cooling can as well) i'd love to give it a go!

You should be able to OC to about 3.6 GHz with your eyes closed... it's a fairly easy board to OC... and you can get that i7 920 up over 4 GHz if you try a bit

Hello,

I have an Asus P6T Deluxe V2 board and have been thinking about a possible GPU upgrade from a 285GTX to something, well, faster.

My PC components are in my sig, but could i run one of the new super fast cards? Is there a better way to increase my speed? I plan on gaming BFBC2 and have enjoyed 2142 at max settings and no lag. I *need* the no-lag stuff 'cause in-game i suck!!!

Help!!!!

the fastest you can buy

I'll help you with the OC'n of it since I have the same setup as you (920/Deluxe P6T).

You can run a 590 if you wanted to!! (but don't, the 560 dual was a good idea)

Get you a coolermaster hyper 212 plus. Its the best bang for buck as far as any I7 cooler goes. and you can get it up to 4Ghz if you want on the cooler.

I would go with a single 570 or 580 on that board. You can do the popular thing and snag a few 560's and it would perform well. The limiting factor would be money And your determined budget.

Oh and when you are ready PM me about that 285 if you want to get rid of it.

Thanks a bunch,

Boinker.

@ Black6464 - ;-) thats good to know - thanks! I'll be recovering from my losses for awhile before i can think about upgrading, but it sure is nice to know i *can* upgrade!!!

@ Iviythos - seriously? That would be great!!!! I know absolutely nothing 'bout this stuff. OK, just enough to know i need to ask the Folks who *do* know!

@boinker - I already have a noctua NH-U12P with dual fans..... and i'm not slashing out anything for awhile. Would the coolmaster hyper 212 plus really do that much more for me? Anyway, by the time i'm able to get the 285 in your hands, it will be like a 3.5" floppy drive.....and the dodo bird, etc. :-)

frank