Sign in to follow this  
Groedius

Graphics cards problems

Im running 2 x 8800 GTXs on windows 7 and every once in a while i sometimes get i have successfully recovered from an NV4 disp error at other times both the screens go black until i reboot my computer.

What could be causing this amd how can i fix it

Could be a driver problem. You got the latest drivers or a set of drivers which you know run 8800GTXs well?

I have the latest drivers that was released last month by Nvidia. The windows 7 64 bit ones as im on an 64 bit OS. Its been happening still since before and after and i dont understand why. 1 of them is a BFG OC card could it be that this is messing up when running the cards in SLI as the 2 of them are running at different speeds ? However i was told that card would conform to the lower speed one, and im not too sure about OCing the other 1. Could it possibly be an motherboard problem I am also trying to work out an RAM issue were it is claiming that I have 4 GB ram when i have 6 GB ram. Could it be that my motherboard is faulty and this is the problem ?