monitor Not Compatible with Windows 7??

DnaAngel

A friend offered me a spare 22" Viewsonic VX2235wm-3 monitor when we were talking the other day about Eyefinity, but he said the monitor wont work because its incompatible with my Windows 7? okay now i consider myself pretty computer savvy, and i know that are obvious compatibility issues with Hardware but a Monitor?? as far as im concerned it just reads info thats outputted from your Video card? or is their more to it then that? i didn't find much info about this when googled. the only "Drivers" ive ever heard/seen for monitors are for the built in audio on ones with that feature.

Someone please clear up this confusion

i dont think there is a compatibility issue with a monitor. it doesnt really interact with the OS, it just displays the images from the GPU

+1

The driver might not work, but then again most monitors dont need drivers.

Ive never heard of a monitor that is incompatible with win7... or any OS for that matter, it shouldnt make any difference as its being hooked to your video card. I dunno where he heard that the monitor is incompatible with Win7 but whoever told him that is completely bonkers.

Thank you guys, I thought it was absurd as well. No one "told" him that. He bought a brand new Asus desktop from Best Buy last year and he hooked it up and got no input. The monitor works he tested it on another machine, he just figured it was incompatible. the comp at the time DIDNT have a Graphics card just integrated. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Edited by DnaAngel

I remember I had a very old monitor that wouldn't work with vista. The funny thing was that I plugged in an even older monitor and it did work. If I remember right it was some Sony monitor that my parents got with a Vaio desktop like 9 or 10 years ago. And it was a VGA connection so I have no idea why it wouldn't work.

I have a very new LG monitor and it works plug and play. It came with a driver disk and we agree that a monitor doesn't need a driver, so I skipped it.

Don't use a monitor driver disk. It will most likely cause problems.