semi-noob

sYstEmATiC

Hello everyone. I'm a long time member of occ (feb 25, 2003) but I've been out of the loop/inactive for a year or two now. I looked around the forums for the first time in a long while and seen a lot of new members. So I figured I would re-introduce myself.

I'm in the US Army and am currently deployed to the middle east (cant say specific location due to opsec :glare: ), Cars and racing have become a big hobby of mine and I kinda fell out of the pc hardware loop. For those wondering its a 2006 mustang gt running 11.8 in the QM. Being deployed kinda took that away from me for the next year, and I've found myself getting back into the PC world.

The last major PC I built was a C2D e6600 (oc'ed to 3.9ghz), 4gb OCZ plat, and a 8800GTS 640mb. I had to leave that behind when I joined the service, and bought a midrange toshiba laptop with standard specs in aug of 09, which should still be in my sig.

I just ordered a new "gaming" laptop, that I'm still waiting for. I would have rather built a desktop, but with my situation, a desktop is out of the question. Anyways, on with the specs.

Sager NP8170-S1

i7-2720QM

12gb ddr3 1333mhz

2x 500gb 7200rpm hdd's

geforce gtx485m 2gb

Those are the basics anyways. Looking forward to getting to know all the new(er) faces.

Edited by sYstEmATiC

Welcome back and keep up the good work!!

EPIC overclock on the E6600 (I'm actually selling mine right now from two builds back)

Highfive to a fellow Sager user (but :( to buying gaming laptops)

Thanks guys! I'll definitely run some benches when I get it. I don't think it will perform as good as the desktop equivalent but that's kind of expected out of a laptop. Who knows, here in the next few months, I might build a small gaming desktop. All I need is a tower, I've got everything else.

Thanks guys! I'll definitely run some benches when I get it. I don't think it will perform as good as the desktop equivalent but that's kind of expected out of a laptop. Who knows, here in the next few months, I might build a small gaming desktop. All I need is a tower, I've got everything else.

How much did it cost you?

$2400 after all said and done. I could have built a desktop with similar parts for $1000 less, but that's the (ridiculous) price we pay for portability.

I think it should perform similarly to a i5 2500 with a GTX460, so probably it would cost even less, but hey; It's awesome! My computer is not movable and has way less performance, so kudos for having the money! (I would buy one if i could)

Welcome back!