Video capture/tv tuner card

Muchoman1

Hi all,

I am looking at getting a video capture/tv tuner card.

What i need in this card is; HDMI in, Component in, Composite in, Digital tv in (preferably dual tuner)

What i would like in this card is; more inputs, no stupid HDCP, dual tv tuners, DVI in, VGA in.

my price range is up to 200 AUD (with current rates that is 200 American$)

i also need it to be single slot with PCIe x1 port

thanks all

Edited by Muchoman1

There appears to only be one HDMI capture card.

I dont think you are going to get all those intputs in one card. For a start, there isnt enough space on one PCI bracket...

What are you trying to capture? Whatever it is, I would go with a standard PCI HD TV tuner card to sort your TV requirments.

Then get a Haupage HD PVR to sort your recording requirements. (Dosent do HDMI, but you can get HDMI to RGB convertors)

If you are trying to record Xbox 360/PS3 read this topic: Topic @ AV

The guy at the end posts a good solution for recording Xbox 360 but still using HDMI.

There appears to only be one HDMI capture card.

I dont think you are going to get all those intputs in one card. For a start, there isnt enough space on one PCI bracket...

What are you trying to capture? Whatever it is, I would go with a standard PCI HD TV tuner card to sort your TV requirments.

Then get a Haupage HD PVR to sort your recording requirements. (Dosent do HDMI, but you can get HDMI to RGB convertors)

If you are trying to record Xbox 360/PS3 read this topic: Topic @ AV

The guy at the end posts a good solution for recording Xbox 360 but still using HDMI.

I do alot of live video recording from concerts that i run av/sound at. after i make the dvds and cds of the concerts so i need the av inputs. the tv input is for myself.

What you are looking for doesn't exist... and if you are looking for DVI and VGA inputs on a PC, you are misled or confused...

You need to look at the available video outputs on your equipment, and I reckon you'd have to get the TV card separately, as most only have composite/S-Video inputs (if at all)

If you can find a dual-tuner digital TV card with component/RGB input(s), then get that... otherwise, get a video capture card with component/RGB

e.g. Intensity Pro PCIe 1x (with breakout cable) $199

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/