Sign in to follow this  
Black64

Xbox 360 anger

In before fanboy thread conversion.

Yep, there are kits to transfer data from one drive to the next. eBay is a good place to start if you can't be bothered with a good old-fashioned Google search :) >2 years and counting, no RROD for me, but then I made sure I bought a unit that wasn't susceptible to failures.

falcon or jasper chipset? i got jasper! reminds me of casper

im beginning to see that your a fanboy...probably never touched an xbox

Edited by Dan The Gamer

In before fanboy thread conversion.

Yep, there are kits to transfer data from one drive to the next. eBay is a good place to start if you can't be bothered with a good old-fashioned Google search :) >2 years and counting, no RROD for me, but then I made sure I bought a unit that wasn't susceptible to failures.

Not to worry everyone, I'm here to help the conversation... I mean convirgin!

Xbox sux, Gameboy Color FTW!

What? I think you misunderstood what he said there... but then again, so did I. :D

Anyway, @black6464, I think you should just stick with your PC, another xbox would only distract you from how awesome the PC gaming is. :D

Don't buy a new 360 if you don't really want it :P We're just trying to tell you that the newer 360 models have a better prevention rate than the older models that you've dealt with.

I know. This thing has just got me all worked up.

In my opinion, Black6464 must have really big hands.

I dont know much about the xbox360 but cant u just pull the hard drive and pop it in another?

You what now?

I have a Jasper chipset on my 360 60GB. I also PC game, Wii game, iPhone game and have a DS Lite and DSi XL.

Fanboy? Me? Dangerous grounds to tread, there. Very dangerous. I'm extremely balanced for all systems and will offer an impartial opinion on all (unlike many on this forum, which is to be expected, being a PC-based community!).

I dont know much about the xbox360 but cant u just pull the hard drive and pop it in another?

With the older models you could, but I think the newer ones have the hard drive stored internally. So the old enclosure wouldn't work on them.

Man you fell for it thaat many times? Screw that, Xbox is trash.. along with the warranty and customer service.

Realized that on my first RROD, and as I watched everyone elses around me slowly but surely fail as well..

Sad excuse for a console, no point in even owning one.

you must have bad luck, after i re-clamped my xboxs and applied AS5 i haven't had a open console go bad. Now i already had a Slim break but that was a bad dvd drive. care to give me your xbox, than i can have 4 after i fix yours :)

I've had my 360 Elite from the first day they were offered. The only issue I've ever had with it was the DVD drive broke after about a year. Got it replaced for free (told MS it red ringed) and haven't had any issues since then. I rarely use my 360 though, had it for nearly four years and I have maybe 10 games for it. :lol:

Like the others have said, the new Slim 360s are better designed to prevent RRoD so you have less of a chance with them.