Xbox 360 anger

Black64

I got my first xbox 360 in December 2005. I got the red ring of death in 2006. Got it fixed by Microsoft when it was covered for free. Got Rrod again in 2007. Took it to a local guy that fixed it. Got Rrod again in 2008. Bought a refurbished (reballed and arctic silver 5 on the GPU and CPU) one on ebay in 2009. Broke in 2010. Bought another refurbished one in 2011. That one broke on Tuesday of this week. So that is the last time i ever buy a game console from Microsoft. I am highly disappointed by Microsoft. :angry: I can't believe these even can be sold with this high of a failure rate. It's just horrible. Never again Microsoft. :nono:

Back in 2009 is when I built my first gaming PC. This is why. :P

Meh my one is perfect! its 1 and a half years old and never messes with me... really the only way to break one is not giving it fresh air... Buy a new one!

also el_capitan it's the other way round for xboxs...newer ones are better

Edited by Dan The Gamer

The problem I'm seeing here is you're trying to fix already broken 360s. Or you're buying 360s that were already broken :D

Get yourself a brand new model and you should be fine.

Well i bought my first one new and had it repaired by Microsoft. Also the ones I got off ebay worked for about a year. Also I never tried to fix one by myself.

I would never consider buying a new model. Not with it's history of failure.

Well the point of buying a new model, would be that it has newer hardware that has a higher prevention rate of RROD. But to each their own.

It's history of failure is mostly tied with the older models. However there is still a chance of a newer model getting RROD, still however the risk is much lower than the older models.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I would maybe upgrade but I can't take my HDD(with all my saves and DC) with me from my older one. Which is silly because there is already a lot stopping me form upgrading and now they throw in this.

I would maybe upgrade but I can't take my HDD(with all my saves and DC) with me from my older one. Which is silly because there is already a lot stopping me form upgrading and now they throw in this.

I think you just need to fully research before you go assuming things. You can backup your 360 hard drives. Microsoft even offers kits for you to do so, if you upgraded to a newer and bigger 360 hard drive.

There are also 3rd party kits, however they aren't officially supported and might get you banned.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I think you just need to fully research before you go assuming things. You can backup your 360 hard drives. Microsoft even offers kits for you to do so, if you upgraded to a newer and bigger 360 hard drive.

There are also 3rd party kits, however they aren't officially supported and might get you banned.

you could always use a memory card...though u need the transfer kit fir licenses!

In before fanboy thread conversion.

Yep, there are kits to transfer data from one drive to the next. eBay is a good place to start if you can't be bothered with a good old-fashioned Google search :) >2 years and counting, no RROD for me, but then I made sure I bought a unit that wasn't susceptible to failures.