Shatter

Locutus

So a yesterday I bought this new indie game called "Shatter."

It's basically Breakout (or any other brick breaking game) but it has a new twist: physics! You can use the paddle to pull things towards you (including the ball) or push things away, which is very interesting. Some things can move and others stay stationary, so you have to always be on your toes because the game will never be the same each time you play it.

It was 10 bucks on steam, and here's a short video of me playing "endless" (of course, story mode is a bit more straightforward.) I didn't record any commentary, so you can sit back and check out the way it plays, and listen to the cool music (reminds me of old-school SEGA games.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K89iUEfqmZA

(Audio is a bit off-sync but it isn't really noticeable.)

Edited by Locutus

Looks pretty sweet, I used to play a breakout clone/style game called Winbrick back in the day.

I used to play these kinds of games for hours and hours and hours.

Looks pretty darn cool though the way the level its self tries to attack you.

So a yesterday I bought this new indie game called "Shatter."

If by "new" you actually mean "a year old", then yes, you are correct.

As Death said, there was a Treasure Hunt objective for this game, which it sounds like maybe he couldn't do well enough...I got it no prob though. Definitely a fun, frantic game. Some of the modes are pretty insane.

As Death said, there was a Treasure Hunt objective for this game, which it sounds like maybe he couldn't do well enough...I got it no prob though. Definitely a fun, frantic game. Some of the modes are pretty insane.

I got it, but I had to go through it at least 30 times, not an exaggeration :lol: , to get it.

I got it, but I had to go through it at least 30 times, not an exaggeration :lol: , to get it.

I honestly don't remember how many times it took me. Don't think quite that many though. According to Steam, I've only played it for 1.1 hours, and that obviously counts the campaign part too.

.... yeah...

Precisely a year old, which is what spawned my confusion. XD