Mobo & RAM. new build

Im building a new rig, i have an Asus Sabertooth P67 mobo on the way. A friend has some RAM that he can give me, Corsair 6gb(3x2gb) 1600mhz Triple Channel Kit - 1.65v. After some research it seems I can only use 2 sticks, which is fine.

But what about the 1.65v and the xmp profiles?

In general will this RAM work? Will this RAM work with Overclocking? Any suggestions are appreciated. ty

Motherboard

RAM

Edited by njdangerous1

1155 supports up to 1.5v for RAM. That said, there have been reports of people running at 1.65 without issue, though it's only been a short time, so we don't know if it's going to be terrible for the life expectancy of the memory controller.

1155 supports up to 1.5v for RAM. That said, there have been reports of people running at 1.65 without issue, though it's only been a short time, so we don't know if it's going to be terrible for the life expectancy of the memory controller.

Thanks for the reply, I got the mobo today the manual says the same thing that its not recommend to run it at 1.5v+. But I noticed in the Memory QVL there is many 1.65v sticks listed so hopefully this will work. Thanks again.