Best Monitor Size for gaming?

jdhatt

nothing is wrong at all

IF YOU LIKE TO READ THE INTERNETZ LIKE THIS my mom once told me not to sit too close to the TV it makes you go blind

let's learn about DEPTH PERCEPTION

yeah, I am mean to Waco because he deserves it! stabby!

and R U SHUR it's nice to sit back or do you tilt your head upward when typing

maybe you are just used to it, dont compare gaming in a chair with a controller, to typing at a desk, it's not the same

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PBptSDIh8

nothing is wrong at all

IF YOU LIKE TO READ THE INTERNETZ LIKE THIS my mom once told me not to sit too close to the TV it makes you go blind

maybe you are just used to it, dont compare gaming in a chair with a controller, to typing at a desk, it's not the same

loltroll

Okay, you've had your fun, now run along sit about 5" from your TV, with any luck you will never see us again and we in return will never see you again. :lol:

Seriously though, try not be so silly in a thread like this, I don't think it really appeals to new members when people troll on their thread.

nothing is wrong at all

Who said I sit back and use a controller?? As far as I knew most games usually use a keyboard and mouse to play. I guess if you have an old chair from your mothers kitchen you can't really recline back and enjoy it quite the same... I guess in that case yes a small monitor is appropriate for you. :P

hahahhhhahahaha trololo

anyway guys thanks so much for the input....as for budget on a monitor, $300-400 max, so far ive settled on ASUS VE278Q as i hear its better than the samsung P2770FH or the P2770H, any opinions?

Personally, I'd choose the Samsung P2770FH due to its smaller pixel pitch. The smaller the pixel pitch, the better things looks is pretty much the best way to put it. :lol: The P2770FH is at 0.283mm while the ASUS is at 0.311mm so the Samsung will have a sharper image compared to the ASUS. The lower that number, the sharper the image is and the less strain there is on your eyes as you are viewing it. Personally, I'd never consider a monitor that has a pixel pitch above 0.3mm.

I game and Work on a 26" and I think its great because its big enough to watch Movies and play split screen comfortably, but not too big so i dont end up moving my head Waaaaaayyyy left and right while typing or Playing alone :lol: Good luck with whatever you choose though! ^_^

I game and Work on a 26" and I think its great because its big enough to watch Movies and play split screen comfortably, but not too big so i dont end up moving my head Waaaaaayyyy left and right while typing or Playing alone :lol: Good luck with whatever you choose though! ^_^

do you have to sit really far away? cause being in college and living in an apartment with a tiny butt room...i dont really have the essentials to sit like 5 feet away from the screen lol