Best Monitor Size for gaming?

jdhatt

Well here is my input....

my gaming rig is setup in my living room, im a student and we use it instead of tv....!

I have a HannsG 28" monitor, i reckon i could cope with something bigger but thats because i sit on a couch about 6ft away

i reckon 28" might be a bit big for your average set-up

So i would put my vote in for 24" and if you can 3 of them, when i bought mine HannsG had a 24" for about 130GPB

imo though the va / ips panels are better than your bog standard TN the only thing i would splash out on is a screen with LED backlight, otherwise 3 TN panels beats 1 good VA/IPS panel for me any day.

Cools....hope that helps!

Edited by aaportnell

all of those options are waaayyyy out of my price range lol....the u2711 is hella expensive....i was looking for around 300-350 max for my monitor needs...so far deciding between ASUS VE278Q vs Samsung P2770H/P2770FH

Edited by jdhatt

all of those options are waaayyyy out of my price range lol....the u2711 is hella expensive....i was looking for around 300-350 max for my monitor needs...so far deciding between ASUS VE278Q vs Samsung P2770H/P2770FH

Like I said, I'd lean more towards the Samsung due to the lower pixel pitch.

If about $300 is your budget then my 28" Hannspree pretty much hits the nail on the head I think.

Here's a link if you're interested. Also, since the distance seems to be a bit of an issue, I sit about 1 - 2 feet away from my TV and I can see everything just fine. Only time I need to turn my head is to look at my other monitors.

PS, sorry if you don't like TigerDirect, I know a lot of people on here don't fancy the site but I love them I got my TV from them so I list them in a support as a good customer.

Don't buy any 28" Hanns.G or Hannspree for any more than $200. I bought two new at $200 each (Black Friday deal at Newegg and MicroCenter special) and two used for $150 each (Craigslist). All work fine.

If about $300 is your budget then my 28" Hannspree pretty much hits the nail on the head I think.

Here's a link if you're interested. Also, since the distance seems to be a bit of an issue, I sit about 1 - 2 feet away from my TV and I can see everything just fine. Only time I need to turn my head is to look at my other monitors.

PS, sorry if you don't like TigerDirect, I know a lot of people on here don't fancy the site but I love them I got my TV from them so I list them in a support as a good customer.

I'm confused, is that 1920x1200 or 1920x1080. It says both :unsure:

naw look at specs is a 1920x1200 so its 16:10 so widescreen content might have two small black bars at top and bottom

also read the reviews! if this was in eu id buy it immediatelly (haha get it?) cause dragon age 2 writing isnt very big on sd def tv

Edited by Dan The Gamer

It's 1920x1200. 1080p is just a marketing gimmick, it and 720p are kind of like synonyms of the word "shiny" to help market towards people that don't understand what they really mean. Of course that's just my opinion from my experiences with people. :lol:

Edit: just read dan the gamer's post.

naw look at specs is a 1920x1200 so its 16:10 so widescreen content might have two small black bars at top and bottom

It does support 1080p still, you could switch it to that for when watching movies if you're the kind of person to be bothered by black bars, I'm not bother by that kind of thing myself.

Don't buy any 28" Hanns.G or Hannspree for any more than $200. I bought two new at $200 each (Black Friday deal at Newegg and MicroCenter special) and two used for $150 each (Craigslist). All work fine.

First off, I wouldn't recommend Craigslist to anyone, while I'm sure there are plenty of legit sellers and buyers on there, it's not worth it to sift through scammers. Also, you're probably right about the newegg and microcenter deals but I'm not sure this guy wants to wait for the next black friday. :lol:

Edited by Deathmineral