Sign in to follow this  
Vaelen2001

New Modding Site- Just Opened!

Looks great. Might want to get everyones picture sizes similar to Paintball's. I have a cable moden and his where the only ones that came through fast enough. I got tired of waiting for all the others and would just close the windows.

Great site though!!

Those pics were incredibly slow, and I have a cable modem that runs pretty fast most of the time. You might wanna get smaller resolution pics.

Otherwise, looks like a cool site.

Ok, thanks all for the suggestions, i've made a few minor fixes to the site. All the pics have been scaled down in both resolution and quality (100% to 75%) jpeg quality... They should load alot faster now.

Keep the suggestions coming, Im gonna add a contact section to contact me with a custom mod, that u have an idea for but dont have the tools to do it with :-)

Not bad, although there are two things I'm not fond of...

1st is the "You need this font"

While that may work great, you have people browsing form MAC, Linux, Unix, and other Operating Systems. Most fonts are not available for all operating systems. If you want to display something using a custom, or "cool" font, I suggest putting it inside a graphic instead. - Also, limit it's use, because there are a lot of people who turn off graphics, or use graphicless web browsers.

2nd is the Frames....

Frames were good, but web pages have evolved way beyond the useage of frames. They are nothing but problems when it comes to search engines. I'd recomend using tables or "div."

On a lesser note, ya might want to check your title tags inside your base page... You build the site using Front Page 5.0, and it has the default title of "New Page 1" listed...

Sorry if I sound picky, just wanted to give you some feedback... I can tell you put in a bit of time and effort, and without a doubt, in time, you'll have yourself a very nice modin page. :) Please don't take my comments the wrong way, they're only meant to be creative critism.

Ok, major overhaul of all the images throughout the site took place last weekend (Aug. 3 and 4th) all the images are smaller now, and renamed to simpler names. All images should work perfect, and open in new windows, email me if any don't. Thankx for all the suggestions and keep the hits comin! :D

lol, you guys need to return you rip off cable modems. your better off with t1.. my service www.optonline.net opened those things in a jiffy.. its not the site.. its you! and the site layout sucks.. www.geocities.com/statirc

lol, you guys need to return you rip off cable modems. your better off with t1.. my service www.optonline.net opened those things in a jiffy.. its not the site.. its you! and the site layout sucks.. www.geocities.com/statirc

If u can find a T1 service that costs only 50bucks a month in the 92503 zip code ill buy that instead, if not, shut ur mouth. ;)

And if u dont like my site design, redesign it for me for FREE! :P;)

And if u dont like my site design, redesign it for me for FREE! :P;)

Redesign it for you, for free... hrmm...

Lemme think. :unsure:

ahhh..... No.

If you were someone I know, I might consider it... If you want free, I'll provide my comments.... if you want redesign from me... it'll cost.

Ok, thanks all for the suggestions, i've made a few minor fixes to the site. All the pics have been scaled down in both resolution and quality (100% to 75%) jpeg quality... They should load alot faster now.

Keep the suggestions coming, Im gonna add a contact section to contact me with a custom mod, that u have an idea for but dont have the tools to do it with :-)

Nice, but you can get away with alot more compression in the JPEG without it being noticed.. on average you can go down to 60% without any noticeable distortion..

The "Welcome To" isn't totally necessary, and the font doesn't really suit the look you're trying to give the site (Times New Roman != Deadly, Futuristic, Mecha, Cyberpunk)..

Looks good though! Keep up the good work...